NorCal Dyno Day Results

03rocks

Established Member
Check out those itty bitty tail pipes on the Mach. Hey all, nice numbers. Thanks for the pics of the Mach in the real world, a friend at work really wants one but didn't know they were already being sold. I suspect he's already lost his chance to get one.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Wow, looks like it was a great event. I am sorry I missed it. Hope to join in on the next one.

-norcal_cobra

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by s281cobra
Hey everyone

It was great meeting everybody in person, and seeing all the cars, it was alot of fun!

I'm still wondering why there was so much difference in the number on my car from the morning to the afternoon, the car sat for about 3 hours before the morning pulls, and it was pretty cold and moist out then...........then it sat for around 4 hours and was warmer and drier out and it gained 24rwhp and 23rwtq, I mean I would understand a +or- 5 gain but 20+.....:shrug:

Anyhow I'm going to have Byron tune and burn a chip and see what that will do.

Kevin

Hey Kevin:

Your numbers were really sweet regardless, and the car itself is just beautiful. Broke my heart that you beat me on the very last dyno of the day. ;-)

Anyhow, let us all know how the new chip and tune go. If it goes really well for you, maybe I'll follow in your footsteps. Gotta get to 500 HP at the real wheels before summer somehow. :beer:

Charlie

s281cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalRedfire
Hey Kevin:

Your numbers were really sweet regardless, and the car itself is just beautiful. Broke my heart that you beat me on the very last dyno of the day. ;-)

Anyhow, let us all know how the new chip and tune go. If it goes really well for you, maybe I'll follow in your footsteps. Gotta get to 500 HP at the real wheels before summer somehow. :beer:

Charlie

Hey Charlie
Thank You, sorry to break your heark, and beat your numbers.:shrug:

I'll definitely keep everyone posted onhow the tune goes.

FYI I also emailed Rick at Amazon Racing to see if he has any insight, or any experience on the warm-up cold, different run issue, it should be interesting!

500 hp at the rear wheel......is that with 91 octane or are you talking 100 octane....:-D .....I figure with the tune I should be around 475rwhp, then where to go from there.......

Kevin

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
500 hp at the rear wheel......is that with 91 octane or are you talking 100 octane....:-D .....I figure with the tune I should be around 475rwhp, then where to go from there.......

Kevin

I'm working on it. We got a few months to go. Time to let the bolt-on market catch up. In the meantime, some suspension mods are next for me, an Afterburner eFPC to level out the AF Ratio and then after your experiment with a chip and dyno tune, maybe a chip and smaller pulley. Gotta catch up with you somehow. :)

s281cobra

Established Member
I'm working on it. We got a few months to go. Time to let the bolt-on market catch up. In the meantime, some suspension mods are next for me, an Afterburner eFPC to level out the AF Ratio and then after your experiment with a chip and dyno tune, maybe a chip and smaller pulley. Gotta catch up with you somehow. :)

If you don't mind my asking what kind of suspension mods are you looking at, on the performance mods we're definitely approaching a plateau, right now the next step is the KB blower, that is if it ever comes to market.......:rolleyes:

On my list of things in the coming month are a brake upgrade and then some interior stuff.

Heh, you know I'm not going to make it easy on anybody...........:D , I plan on keeping the target moving........;-)

Kevin

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
If you don't mind my asking what kind of suspension mods are you looking at, on the performance mods we're definitely approaching a plateau, right now the next step is the KB blower, that is if it ever comes to market.......:rolleyes:

On my list of things in the coming month are a brake upgrade and then some interior stuff.

Heh, you know I'm not going to make it easy on anybody...........:D , I plan on keeping the target moving........;-)

Kevin

Here is the current plan on suspension mods:

Griggs or Maximum Motorsports Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors, Griggs Front and Rear Coil-Over Kits with Koni adjustable shocks 375# front and 500# rear springs, Front and Rear Control Arm Bushings, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates.

Also looking at fuel rails to see if there is any performance improvement to be had there.

s281cobra

Established Member
Here is the current plan on suspension mods:

Griggs or Maximum Motorsports Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors, Griggs Front and Rear Coil-Over Kits with Koni adjustable shocks 375# front and 500# rear springs, Front and Rear Control Arm Bushings, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates.

Also looking at fuel rails to see if there is any performance improvement to be had there.

That sounds cool! I really haven't decided what else I'm going to do to the suspension, the only things I'm sure of are the Global West Competition subs and the Amazon Racing full half-shaft kit, I'm just looking at which Caster Camber plates I want to use.

I really don't thing fuel rails will do much right now, the cars seem to be getting more then enough fuel right now......

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
That sounds cool! I really haven't decided what else I'm going to do to the suspension, the only things I'm sure of are the Global West Competition subs and the Amazon Racing full half-shaft kit, I'm just looking at which Caster Camber plates I want to use.

I really don't thing fuel rails will do much right now, the cars seem to be getting more then enough fuel right now......

I've heard that the Maximum Motorsports c/c plates are generally accepted as among the best if not the best.

You're probably right on the fuel rails, the engine is certainly getting enough gas to make it run real fat at the high end. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
Originally posted by Jon
Let's just say we were all "baseline-ing*" .....next time we'll come back with more mods and non-winter gas. [sinister laugh on] heh, heh, heh [/sinister laugh off]

*baselining? baselineing? - I can't spell!:shrug:

I think everyone there was base-lining :-D. Now that I know my A/F ratio was fat and safe enough, next dyno day will be with the nitrous and my long tubes :burnout:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony
I think everyone there was base-lining :-D. Now that I know my A/F ratio was fat and safe enough, next dyno day will be with the nitrous and my long tubes :burnout:
Your car sounds sweet on the dyno dude! She'll scream with the LT's!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony

Yeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwww!!!
I want a 100 shot too. :beer:

CaliCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Yes, they specialize in Mustangs, so they know to disable the TC before making pulls. I tuned the "smoothing" down to see what it looked like. All the printed pulls were "smoothed" before printing, so they don't appear as jagged as the one I posted.

Good deal. The last time I saw that much breakup it was TC being left on when I was having my Z06 run, but it was worse than those looked. Vettes have had em for a while and it was a GM shop that knew better. Hell, I forget it all the time.

Our 17 vehicles put down 5858rwhp. That's equal to about 500 honduh's with lots of stickers and grapefruit shooters!:D

Long live Superchargers:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

s281cobra

Established Member
Ok........tomorrow is the big day, the car is going under Byron's knife to see what he can do about the tune, and whatever happened on the last run..............:shrug:

I'll let you guys know how it worked out.

Heh, anyone intereseted in a Amazon Racing tuned Diablo chip, there will be one for sale tomorrow........also might have a 2.93 press-on pulley............:-D

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread