NorCal Dyno Day Results

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by sn8k
Ed - you can send the pics to me if you'd like & I can add it to the page I'm making of the pics I took. I am uploading my "gallery" page to the server right now... should be online in a few minutes. I'm gonna start on the videos in a few minutes... I really want to get at least 1 online before 10PM. :burnout:

Gallery available NOW!! 88 pictures -------> clickie

Charlie, Dan, Larry - thanks for the kudos guys. My wife and I had a great time.

BTW Dan/Larry... if the SVTperformance guy (sorry, can't recall his name) wants them for this site (or the soon-to-be-posted video mpegs)... they are free to him for the taking.

One last thing. I will make a VHS copy of all the dyno runs today to anyone who wants it. Please PM me within the next few days if you would like a copy. All I ask is to be reimbursed for the cost of the tape ($2) plus shipping.

Great pics!!!:beer: You DA Man! I'll take a tape. Just let me know how much and where to send the money.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Ed - you can send the pics to me if you'd like & I can add it to the page I'm making of the pics I took. I am uploading my "gallery" page to the server right now... should be online in a few minutes. I'm gonna start on the videos in a few minutes... I really want to get at least 1 online before 10PM. :burnout:

Gallery available NOW!! 88 pictures -------> clickie

Charlie, Dan, Larry - thanks for the kudos guys. My wife and I had a great time.

BTW Dan/Larry... if the SVTperformance guy (sorry, can't recall his name) wants them for this site (or the soon-to-be-posted video mpegs)... they are free to him for the taking.

One last thing. I will make a VHS copy of all the dyno runs today to anyone who wants it. Please PM me within the next few days if you would like a copy. All I ask is to be reimbursed for the cost of the tape ($2) plus shipping.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scobra03

Established Member
i just wanted to thank everybody today for there support,,it was a pleasure meeting everybody..i am looking forward to the next one...and the pictures are great!!!!! fine job,,and i defenitly would like a tape..thanks again jeff :)

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Guys - I hate to be the bearer of bad news....... BUT

The video I took didn't turn out worth a damn :bash: Looks like the f@#$%in "backlight" button was depressed accidently at the start - or it was set this way the last time I let the camera to a friend (and I forgot to reset it) - but regardless.... the entire video is way over exposed (very light). :nonono:

Hope some of you other guys got some good video - cause I came up holding a big, fat zero. Next time - I'll have to remember to check all the settings BEFORE I leave from the house. My apologies guys - I wish I could do something to fix this, but it just wasn't in the cards I guess. :cryying:

Mach1driver

Established Member
Was it a digital camera? If so maybe you could import it into Adobe Premiere and do some processing on it... :shrug:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalRedfire
And for making it over 290 . . .
Thanks Charlie - I was more tickled about getting over 290 with the 01 then I was getting over 400 with the 03. You really have to work hard for every added HP on the non-blower Cobras. :-D

And you didn't do too shabby there guy. Awesome numbers you got there - 2nd highest of the day. Major props :thumbsup:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator

The video I took didn't turn out worth a damn :bash: Looks like the f@#$%in "backlight" button was depressed accidently at the start - or it was set this way the last time I let the camera to a friend (and I forgot to reset it) - but regardless.... the entire video is way over exposed (very light). :nonono:

Hope some of you other guys got some good video - cause I came up holding a big, fat zero. Next time - I'll have to remember to check all the settings BEFORE I leave from the house. My apologies guys - I wish I could do something to fix this, but it just wasn't in the cards I guess. :cryying:

Hey Mark, That's a bummer. But it was great to meet you.:thumbsup:

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
I have some decent video of a few pulls. In fact here are links to some of the video I have. These links go to Windows Media files (.wmv files) and are of poor quality because they are set for streaming. I do have the raw digital video which is much better but also much bigger.

Check out Lightning Larry's pulls - -> Click here

Check out 03DOHC's pulls - -> Click here

Sorry about me talking in the background of 03DOHC's pulls but someone was asking me questions while I was shooting the vid.

Enjoy :beer:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Originally posted by Mach1driver
Was it a digital camera? If so maybe you could import it into Adobe Premiere and do some processing on it... :shrug:
It's a digital 8 camera... but the main problem is that overexposed film is washed out - and all the lighter colors just turned to white. If it was underexposed (dark) it would be correctable quite easily. I'll experiment with the recording a little with my Elite Video BVP (broadcast video processor) and see if it can be salvaged... but that's going to be a lengthy process. It's worth a shot though - thanks for reminding me not to throw the towel in too soon.

Last edited:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
it was great meeting all of you guys!! 03doch, thanks for putting this together. if it wasn't for you, i would have taken a while to dyno my car. once again, thanks.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
I have a question for you all...I just finished with my mods and I now have what you see listed in my sig.

My question is, why does forced03 have 22 less hp than 03dohc with the same catback and x pipe, but different cai? Can the cai make that much of a difference?

Also, since no one had the Mag with the cat and x pipe PLUS the UPR cai, what kind of numbers should I expect at my dyno 2/22?

"forced03 03 Cobra 389.7 369.7 Magnaflow X & Catback AR CAI

03DOHC 03 Cobra 411.5 384.0 Magnaflow X w cats &
Catback PHP airbox"

Thanks in advance.

:beer:

griffined

SVT driver
Well, I have video of the 1st car which was Jon, my 01 Cobra, and the Mach1's pulls. It captured OK, I just haven't edited or encoded it yet, but I should be able to do that Sundday.

Here's some still pics.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member

Hey, that means we'll just have to do it again!:)

03DOHC

Established Member
forced03 didn't have much of a cool down, so I suspect he suffered from heat soak. I don't think the PHP kit can flow that much better considering they both use a 9" conical filter. Their performance should be similar, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread