North American Track Tour

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It's a once in a lifetime event. Pay whatever you have to and enjoy every moment.

72SBC

Established Member
Got my letter yesterday, everything is full. Still singed up for the Laguna day. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to go still.

I don't know why I got the invite, I know I was one of the first 14 Shelbys ordered and I called the factory a bunch of times. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I am kind of curious if I could get two of the instructors to go head to head with my Boss and the GT350, it would be enlightening to see how much better the GT350 is.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I am kind of curious if I could get two of the instructors to go head to head with my Boss and the GT350, it would be enlightening to see how much better the GT350 is.

I highly doubt that will happen at this type of event.

Would be cool to see though

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
I hope someone times the laps. On Speedventures site if you go to Event Results you can see what other drivers in a variety of cars put down for times at various tracks.

Speedventures has times for Laguna Seca.

It is very good data to gauge what the average driver can do with his car. Modifications unknown though.

SCALECRAFT

Established Member

I'd like to put my 14 Gt 500 up against one on that track. Open track at end of the runs?? Your already going to sign all the liability releases you have to before you run at all!!

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I seriously doubt they will cut people loose for open lapping during these events. As in, no way that is happening.

The "drive" portion will likely be simple (and slow) lead-follow laps. They are not going to risk inexperienced, novice drivers wrecking their demo cars and ruining the event.
S.

cloud9

Established Member
I'm registered for the event at Road America September 10th. My car is being built 8/17 so not sure whether I'll get to drive theirs or mine first. For those that want to see the GT350 in action competing hard for three days, I'd recommend getting the Fifth Annual Mustang Roundup on your calendar for September 18-20. Ford has confirmed to me that you'll get to see GT350s in action up close for three days. This is your chance to run your Boss against the GT350 derklug! You can run against them in the road racing, autox and drag strip events!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ort-Park-Hastings-MPH&p=14953657#post14953657

99Steedastang

Established Member
Limerock

I received my letter last week and signed up immediately. 2 of the 4 tracks were already booked. I ended up booking the Limerock track for Oct. 1st. Should be a fun event. From what I understand if you order a gt350 at the track event you receive extra track time or something similar. That is at least what the gentleman I spoke to hinted at. Either way I am planning on selling my GT500 in favor of the 350R. We will see what happens. I'll see some of you guys there.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Recieved an uodate email today.

Still on waiting list, but information was coming regarding the "2016 North America Track Tour".

Anyone else? I assume it's going to be the new Ford GT and I'll get to take it hime for a few weeks.

Edit: I am serious about the 2016 information coming....

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I received my letter last week and signed up immediately. 2 of the 4 tracks were already booked. I ended up booking the Limerock track for Oct. 1st. Should be a fun event. From what I understand if you order a gt350 at the track event you receive extra track time or something similar. That is at least what the gentleman I spoke to hinted at. Either way I am planning on selling my GT500 in favor of the 350R. We will see what happens. I'll see some of you guys there.

What if you've already ordered? Guess I need to check with them

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I know I haven't had that posted long, bit there has to be someone else out there who has received the update email.

The actual phrasing is, "We are in the early planning stages for the 2016 Track Tour. Look for some information coming toward the end of the year."

99Steedastang

Established Member
I'm thinking its going to be more like the Boss Track Attack that they had for those that either bought The Boss or wanted to experience it but for the gt350. I wouldn't expect the 2016 track tour to start until March or April due to winter, unless its all Florida or SoCal tracks. I haven't received the email about 2016 yet.

Last edited:

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Spoke w/ the marketing department overseeing the events, and it's broken down into different segments.

From what I am seeing, there will be 4 groups, each group gets 1/2 a day. There's a media group, dealer group, Mustang owner group, and "competing car club" group (i.e. PCA club DE drivers), so the event is not 2-days for each participant, but the overall length of the event is 2-days. At Sebring, which I am signed up for, the competing car club group is Day 2 from 1 to 5 pm.

I got the email through one of the local Porsche/BMW club DE groups about the event, which is how I signed up. The last Mustang I owned/drove was my 03 Cobra back in 2008 or 2009, so I can't wait to see what the new generation will do on track. Sebring is my home track, have about 70 days there and thousands of laps with different cars ranging from a Spec Miata up to a race prepped Porsche Cayman, so I'll be able to give it a fair evaluation against how other cars I've driven on this track perform.

Last edited:

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
You are quite welcome. They have alluded to a school but we'll have to see what happens with Miller Motorsports Park

Off-topic: I see you are in Lakeland, and remember seeing a gray GT500 similar to the one in your sig on S. Florida Ave every once in a while. I lived there for about 6 years (just moved last summer to GA for work) but still have a house there.

Users who are viewing this thread