North American Track Tour

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Not very, I'm in the Philly burbs, but I would have travelled. Seems like the only opportunity to know for sure which of the two I'd want.

Everyone I talked to was within 3 hours of Lime Rock. That may have been it

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Everyone I talked to was within 3 hours of Lime Rock. That may have been it

Chris, there was one guy there yesterday from Toronto, and I heard another guy say he was from Virginia.

A couple of the upstate NY guys had a 6 hour ride to get there.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris, there was one guy there yesterday from Toronto, and I heard another guy say he was from Virginia.

A couple of the upstate NY guys had a 6 hour ride to get there.
oh, no shit? Damn. I wonder how they picked who they picked then.
It seemed it was 12/13 Boss and 13/14 Shelby guys who bought new only

dsp

Established Member
oh, no shit? Damn. I wonder how they picked who they picked then.
It seemed it was 12/13 Boss and 13/14 Shelby guys who bought new only

I heard being an original owner was a requirement, too. But, a guy I talked to bought his '12 Boss used, from a Porsche dealer. It sounds more and more random.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
One of the guys on the focus forum has only owned a Focus ST as far as I know and was invited.

He has some good history with NASA or SCCA or something.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
The marketing guy I talked to at Road America said they wanted to set up the same style events for the introduction of the Focus RS next year. I'm wondering if it will be for the ST crowd, or if any of the SVT vehicles will qualify you. I would love to go again next year and thrash an RS.

bpmurr

Established Member
Damn, this thread is NOT alleviating my discomfort, lol.

I hear you as I would have figured I would get an invite given my Mustang purchase history. I'm happy to travel.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Chris, thanks again for sending me the photos of the cut-in-half GT350 wheel. You provided me with the level of detail I needed to recreate the design. I've got the base CF portion near completion and am working on the hub insert/lug nut inserts. Work in progress but I'm getting close.

_GT350%20CF%20preview.jpg

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris, thanks again for sending me the photos of the cut-in-half GT350 wheel. You provided me with the level of detail I needed to recreate the design. I've got the base CF portion near completion and am working on the hub insert/lug nut inserts. Work in progress but I'm getting close.

_GT350%20CF%20preview.jpg

Happy to help!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I received the mail invite, I wish I would have tried to get on the list. Oh well, hope you guys had fun.
-J

Tank5879

Established Member
From what I understand Wednesday was for press and for dealers, Thursday was for competitive make customers and also for select boss and Shelby owners

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Chris, I've noticed what looks to be Bob's oil separators on some recent GT350's. Did any of the cars at the event you attended have them?

Here's a recent clip of the Motor Trend test car that shows one plumbed into each side of the engine.

[video=youtube;dwCU8fKRSAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwCU8fKRSAo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris, I've noticed what looks to be Bob's oil separators on some recent GT350's. Did any of the cars at the event you attended have them?

Here's a recent clip of the Motor Trend test car that shows one plumbed into each side of the engine.

[video=youtube;dwCU8fKRSAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwCU8fKRSAo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Yes: but we were told they wouldn't be on the production car. They're really big. Not 100% sure if they will or won't be. I think they put them on these due to the heavy use/abuse

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I understand that they (Bob's separators) wouldn't be a production part. I was curious as to how detailed they were being in terms of measuring the amount of fluid accumulating in them or not and if they were considering a separator in the future.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I understand that they (Bob's separators) wouldn't be a production part. I was curious as to how detailed they were being in terms of measuring the amount of fluid accumulating in them or not and if they were considering a separator in the future.

They didn't say much about them other than they wouldn't make production.

But I find it interesting they were even on there

Users who are viewing this thread