Post your Shelby GT500 Dyno Numbers in here

Klay

Established Member
Mach1marauder, you come in here and claim what you say is fact (with no proof mind you) than get all pissed off when people come in and question this? What if I came in and said I saw a Shelby dyno 350 HP? Then started getting all butthurt when people call bs or ask for more details on the run like you?

If you got no proof and you are clearly overly defensive of the dynorun than it is likely few people will believe you.

-Wade-

Established Member
I was standing next to the dyno when It happened. The owner came to me and I got him a pulley, belt, CAI, XCal, plugs and a tune. Keep in mind, those mods have not happened yet.

I drove this car to the dyno. It had the stock paper filter in it. Manny did data log it with SCT. He said, "Damn, Ford finally hooked it up with a decent tune." It detonated up top a bit, so he worked his magic and it ended up making 48X clean.

Just a little FYI

adler

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
First, there's a guy with a twin turbo 03 Cobra that put down 900rw on HPPs dyno. Went to another dyno with the same exact combination and laid down around 90rwhp less.
Who's TT Cobra are you talking about?

Mach1Marauder

Banned
ac427cobra said:
I don't think it's selective whatsoever? :shrug: Check your PM's. :coolman:
ONE sample:
Fourcam330 said:
That's right gramps, "claimed" as in, strap that bitch onto another dyno and watch the numbers drop like your falseys after the seabond wears off.
Another:
Fourcam330 said:
LMAO. Anyone with a clue knows this, present company excluded: Sorry if senility has taken its toll. ;-)

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mach1Marauder said:
ONE sample:

Another:

Bill:

Let me enlighten you on a few facts you may not be cognizant of.

Note that NONE of these posts have been edited.

Here's is where the crap started in this thread:

Mach1Marauder said:
:rollseyes :rollseyes
Jeeeeeez............a kid......no wonder!:bash:

and then continued on:

Mach1Marauder said:
Dave IS a kid.....22 is a kid! You didn't know everyhing at 22

More of the same:

Mach1Marauder said:
Your youth explains your lack of respect for someone posting FACTS................

I'm not going into how funny it is that a 22yr old says that he has "been around modular motors for 7 years", but thanks for the really nice chuckle.:thumbsup: :beer:

still more:

Mach1Marauder said:
Momma/Daddy stang owner

and more:

Mach1Marauder said:
The dyno doesn't read high.:loser:

more yet:

Mach1Marauder said:
CLAIMED???? :rollseyes :kaboom:

So in summary, I've decided to let a few of the members in here give you a couple of well deserved pot shots! Kinda like what we do to John Hennessey when he comes in here.

There's either a problem here with everybody else in the forum, or you. One of the two. A decision had to be made and I decided the problem isn't everybody else, it's you! :idea:

Have a nice day!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Mach1Marauder

Banned
ac427cobra said:
Bill:

So in summary, I've decided to let a few of the members in here give you a couple of well deserved pot shots! Kinda like what we do to John Hennessey when he comes in here.

There's either a problem here with everybody else in the forum, or you. One of the two. A decision had to be made and I decided the problem isn't everybody else, it's you! :idea:

Have a nice day!

The "POT SHOTS" were STARTED before any of those posts by other members.

While reading this thread before I posted, I was reluctant to post in the thread. The silly argument about dynos gave a hint to the type of people that would be replying to my post of the BONE STOCK SHELBY GT500 dyno numbers. Against my better judgement, I posted the figures.

Have a nice day!:beer: :dw:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Mine...
2007shelbydynosheetstd.jpg

2007shelbydynosheetsae.jpg

Last edited:

JoeR

Established Member
Baseline dyno today, 1969 miles, stock, air intake temp 84 degrees, 434.1 RWHP, 428 RWTQ,A/F steady @ 12.3 from 3500 rpm up to redline. I'm happy with that, second pass, slightly lower.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
JoeR said:
Baseline dyno today, 1969 miles, stock, air intake temp 84 degrees, 434.1 RWHP, 428 RWTQ,A/F steady @ 12.3 from 3500 rpm up to redline. I'm happy with that, second pass, slightly lower.

Joe:

That is very typical of these cars. A good SCT tune alone should put you almost right at 500 RWHP. :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

big23daddy

JoeR said:

If your A/F was 12.3 the computer will pull up to 4 degrees timing out of the computer. It monitors Oil Temp, ITA 1 and ITA 2, Coolant Temp and Cylinder Head Temp. The Shelby ECU is very unique and also easy to tweak for extra hp numbers. 1 of the most important factors of the GT500 during dyno pulls is to monitor the timing during the pulls and also ITA 1/2 plus ECT....Oil temp, and Load, this will aid in the proper tuning of the GT500. You will be able graphed the timing modifiers vs. temps to see where the timing graph starts from once WOT is reached.

On the flip side, the GT500's ECU has a target A/F of 12.0 or richer and will also add timing if it feels ITA, OIL Temps and ECT are in a safe levels which will add as much as 2/4 degrees...on the stock ecu if all other parameters haven't been touched. One of the first mistakes about the 5.4 4v engine is that it is very efficient and likes 11.2 to 11.4 A/F range instead of the 12.0 to 12.5 that some believe.

Hope this helps you.

BD

Mach1Marauder

Banned
big23daddy said:
If your A/F was 12.3 the computer will pull up to 4 degrees timing out of the computer. It monitors Oil Temp, ITA 1 and ITA 2, Coolant Temp and Cylinder Head Temp. The Shelby ECU is very unique and also easy to tweak for extra hp numbers. 1 of the most important factors of the GT500 during dyno pulls is to monitor the timing during the pulls and also ITA 1/2 plus ECT....Oil temp, and Load, this will aid in the proper tuning of the GT500. You will be able graphed the timing modifiers vs. temps to see where the timing graph starts from once WOT is reached.

On the flip side, the GT500's ECU has a target A/F of 12.0 or richer and will also add timing if it feels ITA, OIL Temps and ECT are in a safe levels which will add as much as 2/4 degrees...on the stock ecu if all other parameters haven't been touched. One of the first mistakes about the 5.4 4v engine is that it is very efficient and likes 11.2 to 11.4 A/F range instead of the 12.0 to 12.5 that some believe.

Hope this helps you.

BD

Big Daddy..........Are you rollin' large now with a Bad Ass Shelby?:coolman:
Bet ya can't get it as fast as your little Fox! LOL!!!!
A bunch miss ya at Fun Ford!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ha ha, I finally found my original dyno post from October 11th of 2006. Here it is in it's entirety:

Last night I went to my Buddy Marv's speed shop, C&M Performance and we got the car up on the dyno. :-D We were both pretty excited! The car had just turned over 1,000 miles on the drive up to his shop!

Ok, here's the first dyno run. I was somewhat disappointed at the initial readings we had. 425/427 :(

copyofshelbyscan1ra8.jpg

Then, just to make sure we had an accurate baseline, we ran again. The results were 414/415 (sheet not attached) Now I know what everyone was talking about when they say the motor heat soaks easily.:cryying:

So, we then put the Corsa Axle-Backs on and gave her another run. It took us maybe 35 minutes or so to do that. So the car sat all tolled about 45 minutes or so?

The run with the Axle-Backs on was 427/427. (no sheet attached) Virtually ZERO gain (ok, two horsepower) from the axle-backs. VERY disappointing. The car sounded lots better but not worth the money in my book. And it has some nice tips on it to boot! So all was NOT lost on that!

Ok, so now I give Marv the go ahead for the tune. He gets on the computer and goes to hacking! The car originally had 12.5 degrees of timing and was running just a tad rich.

After the tune was loaded we ran again! This time we made some progress! 479/463

copyofshelbyscan4an0.jpg

By now, the shop was getting warm. That run was 77 degrees. So without changing anything on the tune we decided to open up the shop and cool it off a bit. The car cooled nicely and responded to the cooler air in a positive manner knocking off our high of the night 499/481 :pepper: :pepper:

copyofshelbyscan7ds2.jpg

Marv saw the timing spike up a bit because of the cooler temps and he backed some timing out of it.

This is the final tune and our last run. 484/465

copyofshelbyscan8gi6.jpg

So, it does not appear that RUTripping's horsepower claim (although it was not on a Dyno Jet) is not all that out of line IMHO? This car responds well to timing and I think if you put enough timing into it (which I would NOT recommend BTW!!) you could probably pull off a 80-90 HP gain!? Heck we got 75 on tune alone basically!! :eek: I almost regret having put on the Corsa's, but the car does sound much better!

So, those are the numbers! I'm pretty happy with the way the car responded!

Once I get the JLT CAI, I think we will break the 500 hp barrier no problem!

I'm getting excited for this weekend!! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread