Sold my GT350R, bought something a bit faster...

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Build pics have started arriving :)

IMG_0959.JPG

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
No objections here! Sweet car!

There would've been a few objections if you would've bought a Demon and came to SVT Performance bragging about how awesome it was..... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Wow, I think i know why the price is over $200k. Looks like they build it from the ground up.

Yah, the price point is pretty normal for full motorsport GT4 cars. There isn't a lot of street car in a true GT4 setup - different engine, transmission, driveline; full Bosch electronics (ABS, engine management, TCS, ...), different suspension, etc. I expect this car to be pretty damn fast (think 1:32 - 1:33 at Laguna Seca).

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... I expect this car to be pretty damn fast (think 1:32 - 1:33 at Laguna Seca).

That's all?? That's "only" 3 to 4 seconds quicker than a GT350R in street trim and not a whole lot quicker than a ZL1 1LE. Then again, knowing that it has way less power than the ZL1 1LE, yet still 1 to 2 seconds quicker says a lot, too. What's the power output, again?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's all?? That's "only" 3 to 4 seconds quicker than a GT350R in street trim and not a whole lot quicker than a ZL1 1LE. Then again, knowing that it has way less power than the ZL1 1LE, yet still 1 to 2 seconds quicker says a lot, too. What's the power output, again?
That's extremely fast.

I imagine Ben is talking about the lap times he can get out of the car, which could be conservative. A professional driver in the GTS/GT4 Boss 302 can run around LS in the mid 1:31 range with probably less than 475hp.

Ben, what is the fastest lap you have ever put down at LS in any car?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

If it is 4 seconds faster....that is pretty badass. That is a lot of ground it is covering in that amount of time.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
There are more than a few street cars capable of running with race cars in a one or two lap race.

I’d imagine the GT4 will be more consistent lap after lap unlike the ZL1 or GT350R.

Besides, look at what a second or two turns into after a full race.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blk02edge

Established Member
Yea... "Only"... Lol

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
When would you proceed to lap your old R..? Around lap 35 or so at LS? Yeah, that is slow.. Ha ha!

SirShaun

Established Member
So what does this GT4 Mustang weigh, without driver, all said and done? I'm ready for some in car footage, and listening to this thing rev to the moon.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, that’s awesome. My eyes have been opened to a new race!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So what does this GT4 Mustang weigh, without driver, all said and done? I'm ready for some in car footage, and listening to this thing rev to the moon.

There was a recent BOP adjustment made (a 15kg reduction) for the GT4 Mustang as well as for some other GS cars. That brings race weight for no fuel/driver to 1515kg. I don't know how closely Ben's car will mimic the most current standard and suspect he may have some "upgrades" in order.

Continental%20Capture-X2.jpg

More information on the car here.
https://www.gt4mustang.com/

Wow, that’s awesome. My eyes have been opened to a new race!

The IMSA Continental Series that the GT4 Mustang is in is a ****ing blast. I've been in the pits for the last two and will make most of the rest. If you can make a race - do it! You won't regret it.

From the victory at the last race, Sebring.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Anything under 1:40 at LS is hauling ass. What you magazine racers (GTpremi) dont realize is during a track day there is traffic, basically moving pylons. Also have to let off by the sound booth, especially in a GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread