Sold my GT350R, bought something a bit faster...

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's extremely fast.

I imagine Ben is talking about the lap times he can get out of the car, which could be conservative. A professional driver in the GTS/GT4 Boss 302 can run around LS in the mid 1:31 range with probably less than 475hp.

Ben, what is the fastest lap you have ever put down at LS in any car?

Like for like, I bet this car is around 3 secs / lap faster than its street car equivalent - mostly due to less weight (3300 lbs wet vs 3700 lbs wet for the GT350R) and better suspension setup. That's already an eternity in racing terms (whole classes are separated by 3 seconds). But as noted, in addition the racing car can do those laps continuously, pausing only for fuel and new tires, for a 24-hour race. The racing car can also handle slicks, which would be risky on the street car (broken wheel hubs and suspension arms .

We'll find out how fast it really is when it arrives in a couple months and I can take it out and play. I bet I show a clean set of heels to any ZL1 made.

Finally, the fastest I've gone at Laguna so far is a 1:25. That was in my 488.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... What you magazine racers (GTpremi) dont realize is during a track day there is traffic, basically moving pylons. ...

Really?? Naaaaah!! I thought all those cars on the track with me were holograms! Same as all the races I watch. I figured only my favorite car was real, and the rest were holograms! You've enlightened me!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The racing car can also handle slicks, which would be risky on the street car (broken wheel hubs and suspension arms
I'm going to roll the dice on my viper and run hoosiers. No problems reported by other owners. Btw, how much did it cost to get your ACR corner balanced?

Really?? Naaaaah!! I thought all those cars on the track with me were holograms! Same as all the races I watch. I figured only my favorite car was real, and the rest were holograms! You've enlightened me!
You mean all those cars in front of you? LOL
You've been at the track and think only 3 seconds isnt a big enough gap? LOL again

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You've been at the track and think only 3 seconds isnt a big enough gap? LOL again

Full-on race car versus a street car. It's really very simple. Guess you're just in a trolling mood.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Full-on race car versus a street car. It's really very simple. Guess you're just in a trolling mood.
Yea, you must be trolling us comparing a street car to a race car. I mean:
That's all?? That's "only" 3 to 4 seconds quicker than a GT350R in street trim and not a whole lot quicker than a ZL1 1LE
LOL, gud won

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm going to roll the dice on my viper and run hoosiers. No problems reported by other owners.

You should be fine. Hoosiers are about the same as the special Kumhos which come stock on the car, but they wear better.

I'm thinking of Michelin S8L, which are substantially stickier and last about 150km...

Last edited:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The build is coming along well. The folks at Multimatic keep sending pics, and I keep tippity-tapping my feet with anticipation :)

2018_05_15_MTC_GT4_TOR_8149.JPG

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Dayum. Batman would be jealous of that beast.

And Ben, interesting to see that in that photo the rear LCA looks to have a raw (or clear) finish. On all the GT4 cars I've seen the arms have a black finish on them.

xz IMG_4061.jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ do it Ben!!! **** that carbon fiber body is sexy AF!!! I know you're a Viper guy at heart!

I looked up original prices on these GT3 Vipers... $460k.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bet reserve is low $100k's.

I've had to pinch myself a few times, because I would really, REALLY like to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread