Tesla Plaid goes 216mph unrestricted

dan1982

Established Member
Funny side note, I also live in a 2nd floor condo....hahahaha.
i guess the silver spoon bunch expect us to run an extension coord from the second floor to the damn car to charge it. Can u imagine some young whipper snapper stealing our extension coord.... or just unplug the damn thing during the night? we wake up and the battery is DEAD/ unplugged.... **** that.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
You have a Part Number for that soul? I'd like to check prices online.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Built RS3's give me major wood. Mmmmmmm

Ok Liz Warren... JFC
Had to look up who Liz warren is. You should be ashamed to have the knowledge to make that insult.

Took my car to the track. Full bolt on rs3 on ethanol ran 11.06. Was hoping to see him hit 10’s. I was offered the same trade in for my rs3 and rs7. Couldn’t part ways with my rs7. Ran the car once and had a biker offer a grudge race for money.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
the car has 1000HP and PERFECT traction.... shouldnt it be fast? its also 130K............ This is teslas STATEMENT car.... right on the edge of what is possible.
Roadster will be the statement car. This is a 4 door sedan with an upgraded drivetrain.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
How many cars you know that are under $150k , that do 9.2-9.3 at around 148-150mph? All day. Production wise there is the SF90 and 765. Anything else I missed?

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
How many cars you know that are under $150k , that do 9.2-9.3 at around 148-150mph? All day. Production wise there is the SF90 and 765. Anything else I missed?
No offense, but neither of those will do low 9s all day, any day :)
Takes ideal conditions and a well prepped track to make that happen with the SF90 or 765LT. You'll also never find either for under $150K...ever.

I watched Brooks make 9-10 passes one day in his Plaid. Considering I know exactly what it takes to run the same ET in a Redeye (9.29) and how hard it is to do that pass after pass, it has earned my respect.

Plaid_slips.jpg

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
the car has 1000HP and PERFECT traction.... shouldnt it be fast? its also 130K............ This is teslas STATEMENT car.... right on the edge of what is possible.
What does cost have anything to do with it? You can build a Fox that runs mid 7's @ 185 for $45K.

This is a car that you can buy factory stock, take a family and friends to dinner, and rip off low 9's at over 150 MPH (parachute MPH for NHRA).

Jut wait 10 more years and soccer moms everywhere will be shitting on GT500's and Z06's ICE cars everywhere. And everyone will be bitching "Well it doesn't make any noise"...... While they get DRUG by bus lengths.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
What does cost have anything to do with it? You can build a Fox that runs mid 7's @ 185 for $45K.

This is a car that you can buy factory stock, take a family and friends to dinner, and rip off low 9's at over 150 MPH (parachute MPH for NHRA).

Jut wait 10 more years and soccer moms everywhere will be shitting on GT500's and Z06's ICE cars everywhere. And everyone will be bitching "Well it doesn't make any noise"...... While they get DRUG by bus lengths.
Doubtful. Government will start to regulate range over performance. And don’t think there won’t be some type of tax to compensate for unnecessary performance and the related charging.

blk02edge

Established Member

Imagine thinking everyone having the same bar of soap looking noiseless car is fun...

dan1982

Established Member

i guess u silver spoon guys have a crystal globe and are on the "right" side of history... lol... lets hope u are wrong....

OX1

Established Member

Besides not making any noise (assuming you meant exh noise).

1. Does not require any effort by owner to build, so means NOTHING.
2. Does not require any effort or driving skill to launch.
3. Does not yaw somewhat, kind of scaring you a bit, even up through 80 MPH.
4. Does not chirp tires between shifts.
5. Does not have turbo whistle or blower whine.
6. Does not have any intake noises.
7. Engine RPM does not rise up through the gears.

If all you care about is the easiest max speed, to get to comfortably and with zero effort, mission accomplished. But my Fusion Sport with a tune kills virtually every muscle car ever built. Guess how much people care about a Fusion Sport. It's invisible at any car show, just like every EV.

Part of the hobby is the excitement and cool factor you get when something
does something you did not expect. So EV's have peaked already, great. But from here on out, anything less than 7's, is just boring from a conversation standpoint.

I'll also add, I've never lost an "acceleration" with my Fusion on the street, because I've never had a true "acceleration" with it. Even when I expect some "competition" with a higher end BMW (lets say), I don't get any action.

The fusion does 0-30 in 1.72s, same as a tested 2018 model 3 perf (of course it gets killed to 60). Across an intersection, is all I need and then it's virtually all single lane roads. If the driving public starts going faster than that on a regular basis (they won't), maybe I'll have to up my game.

But even then, street "accelerating" has no rules. I can deep stage by an entire car length and watch the lights change in the other direction. NO ONE else on the street will think to do that.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

And a 200 hundred years from now there will be anti gravity cars that will go from 0 to OMG in 0.5 seconds ;-). Those future humans will have no idea what they are missing with the old gasoline 'planet killing' cars, and the EV crowd will complain the new anti gravity vehicles take away the driving experience since there will be no driving experience, ha.

Users who are viewing this thread