The 5.8 Trinity Fits!!!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
you are 100% right! ford lacks performance and has so for the past what 20 years? Ford offers no sports car. GM and Chrysler offer two V8 RWD cars. GM and Chrysler offer a vette and a viper what does ford offer us??? a mustang! now damn near any car can beat a vette providing that car has been modded out the ass and the power to weight ratio is in favor of that car but it still doesn't change the fact that ford only and wants to only offer us 1 product. the people that don't drive mustang but only drive fords have more options given to them than a guy that buys mustang. what a Taurus fusion focus fiesta? how many SUV's? how many trucks? and what do we get? a mustang. if ford wants to go after the corvette ford needs to make a new car a sports car and make the base model affordable or atleast some what affordable to the average guy out there something GM has done quite well with the corvette. instead of pumping all this wasted time into one car give the consumer options instead of sitting blowers on 1 engine and in 1 car.
What if both the Stingray and GT weigh nearly the same and produce nearly the same power?

What if the Mustang GT offers nearly the performance as a Corvette Stingray?

Wouldn't that be good for most buyers? Especially since they are paying a little over $20,000 less for a GT with R Package. Both cars could weigh close to 3500lbs (3450 in the Stingray).

I say, let Ford use the Mustang for what ever they want. I doubt they have any interest in the 9000 annual Corvette sales BUT, they do intend on competing in Corvette classes this generation. Time to leave the Camaro behind I guess....

I know some people are having a hard time accepting this but, the numbers, on paper, are starting to line up. I think after 50 years, the Mustang has earned it's spot beside the Corvette. The Mustang is America's Sports Coupe, there is no other REAL sports coupe offered by an American company.

Last edited:

JohnZ

Established Member
Ford has a very small heritage in two seat sports car. 55-58 TBird. Ford GT. Ford's 'sports' car is the Mustang, with 50 years of heritage.

Why would Ford want to undercut the Mustang with another affordable two-seater? Where is the profit in a high end halo car? Why would they want to limit the Mustang in the same way the Camaro is because of the Corvette?

Making the Mustang a high quality pony car in demand worldwide is unquestionably the right strategy for now. Is Camaro going to be able to play that game without stepping on the Corvette? Any idea how Chrysler/Fiat is going to take the Challenger/Cuda outside of NA? Are they going to bring a Fiat here to play in the pony car space?

Ford and Mustang are doing what they have always done....Leading the pony pack in new directions. Following is GM and Chrysler's thing.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Anyway, as others have stated. Just because the Trinity can fit doesn't mean they will put it in there.

I think Ford has a few Coyote options that may indeed trump the Trinity...

Ford has a very small heritage in two seat sports car. 55-58 TBird. Ford GT. Ford's 'sports' car is the Mustang, with 50 years of heritage.

Why would Ford want to undercut the Mustang with another affordable two-seater? Where is the profit in a high end halo car? Why would they want to limit the Mustang in the same way the Camaro is because of the Corvette?

Making the Mustang a high quality pony car in demand worldwide is unquestionably the right strategy for now. Is Camaro going to be able to play that game without stepping on the Corvette? Any idea how Chrysler/Fiat is going to take the Challenger/Cuda outside of NA? Are they going to bring a Fiat here to play in the pony car space?

Ford and Mustang are doing what they have always done....Leading the pony pack in new directions. Following is GM and Chrysler's thing.
Good point John... Ya know buddy, If I were Ford, I wouldn't follow the Corvette either...

I would trademark the name "Cobra Roadster" and offer a limited number, 2 seat Roadster to compete in the 911 classes (As well as the Corvette). Ford wouldn't follow Chevy's Corvette formula again John... Why not try a 101 inch wheelbase class?

This was back in 2004, imagine gettin' into a current version of this...

ford-shelby-cobra-twotn-manu-04_020-1600.jpg

She should be about 28 now :dancenana:

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member

Because Mustang is an affordable average Joe kind of sportcar. Vette is an afford alternative to 6 figure sportcars. You can't just look at it as individual profits that each car sold would make them with a low volume sport car. Vettes sales aren't some huge money pit for GM, but what Vette does is gives GM bragging right, and brings people to their brand as loyal customers as people recognize it as a winner that undercuts it's high-end competitions price and people want to be associated with that. Mustang and Camaro are not Vette competitors. They are inferior performance platforms. Yes GM is defiantly a follower kind of company, but they're pretty good at. Maybe Ford should try a little bit of it.

I would trademark the name "Cobra Roadster" and offer a limited number, 2 seat Roadster to compete in the 911 classes (As well as the Corvette). Ford wouldn't follow Chevy's Corvette formula again John... Why not try a 101 inch wheelbase class?

This was back in 2004, imagine gettin' into a current version of this...

ford-shelby-cobra-twotn-manu-04_020-1600.jpg

No, no, no, no, no! Again no!!!

Ford does not need to build a new retro high-end sportcar. They don't need a new GT40, or Shelby Cobra, or Daytona Coupe.

Retro is taking something old that went out of style, and bringing it back and making it cool again. That's okay for a minute, but it gets played out fast when it's your only play, and it's the only thing Fords been doing with their performance vehicles since the 2005 Mustang. As much as I think the modern Boss 302's and Shelby GT500's are cool cars it's living in the past. It's showing you something that's already been seen, relying on something someone else did to work. It shows no kind of innovation. It makes Ford look like they just can't come up with cool new designs.

Ford should start fresh and introduce a brand new model with a new name that can determine it's own design, and layout instead of trying to uses a old cars design and layout. This force compromise as you're force to use old aerodynamics, drivetrain, and chassis setup to stay true to the original design. What's wrong with new? Live in the present. Start from a clean slate and say "here in 2013/14 what is the best performance design we can come up with to meet these goals for this price." New is fun, it exciting, its never been seen before. When talking cars retro itself is becoming very un-retro as it's become played out and every one of the big three has jumped on it's bandwagon for the last 10 years, and that is not cool.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Because Mustang is an affordable average Joe kind of sportcar. Vette is an afford alternative to 6 figure sportcars. You can't just look at it as individual profits that each car sold would make them with a low volume sport car. Vettes sales aren't some huge money pit for GM, but what Vette does is gives GM bragging right, and brings people to their brand as loyal customers as people recognize it as a winner that undercuts it's high-end competitions price and people want to be associated with that. Mustang and Camaro are not Vette competitors. They are inferior performance platforms. Yes GM is defiantly a follower kind of company, but they're pretty good at. Maybe Ford should try a little bit of it.

No, no, no, no, no! Again no!!!

Ford does not need to build a new retro high-end sportcar. They don't need a new GT40, or Shelby Cobra, or Daytona Coupe.

Retro is taking something old that went out of style, and bringing it back and making it cool again. That's okay for a minute, but it gets played out fast when it's your only play, and it's the only thing Fords been doing with their performance vehicles since the 2005 Mustang. As much as I think the modern Boss 302's and Shelby GT500's are cool cars it's living in the past. It's showing you something that's already been seen, relying on something someone else did to work. It should no kind of innovation. It makes Ford look like they just can't come up with cool new designs.

Ford should start fresh and introduce a brand new model with a new name that can determine it's own design, and layout instead of trying to uses a old cars design and layout. This force compromise as you're force to use old aerodynamics, drive train, and chassis setup to stay true to the original. What's wrong with new? Live in the present. Start from a clean slate and say "here in 2013/14 what is the best performance design we can come up with to meet these goals for this price." New is fun, it exciting, its never been seen before. When talking car retro itself is becoming very un-retro as it's become played out and every one of the big three has jumped on it's bandwagon for the last 10 years, and that is not cool.
I understand the desire for something new. There is also a desire for a Cobra Roadster. I believe it won Best in Show in 2004... It needs some updating for sure...

Imagine how the Guigiaro Mustang's design language was translated into the 2015 Mustang. The idea is still there but very much improved on.

Before Carroll past away, Ford extended the use of the GT500 nameplate beyond 2016. I believe the also acquired the GT350 and Cobra Roadster as well.

Ford is using Porsche as a benchmark quite often lately... I would love to see a removable hardtop Cobra Roadster head to head with a Porsche GT3.

The Cobra is about as retro as the Porsche 911, the styling and design are timeless...

If Ford introduces another performance option, it will be a 2 seater for sure... I have a feeling that the Mustang will continue to evolve this gen and into the next. It will become even more World-Class than the initial S550 is already. Ford will get more aggressive...

Ford-Evos_Concept_2011_1600x1200_wallpaper_2b.jpg
fordshelby2.jpg

I don't think Ford needs another entry into the sports (anything) market. The Mustang will slowly move into the HALO position at Ford and begin chasing the Corvette. This has pretty much already started. Use Corvette as a benchmark. The Camaro is endanger of being held back. I don't really want the Mustang held back like the Camaro, especially since the '15 looks badass!!!

Last edited:
The mustang will not be held back due too a new AC Cobra Daytona Coupe or a Ac Cobra,remova,ble hard top,Converitable.
Ford needs to build this AC Daytona Cobra coupe & converitable TWO Seater.
It is in the same class as the Dodge Viper,Chevrolet Corvete & yes Porsche 911,& Feriahs.
The Mustang is in the same class as Cameros & cars as such.
Was never intended to be with the Vetes,refering to a mustang.
Just my 2 cents from the 60's era.

americansteel

Banned
[
By the way, for a major manufacturer, Ford is far more involved in performance than probably any other brand in their league. Trying to base how performance-minded they are off of one car is idiotic. Look at how many performance divisions and contractors they have around the world: SVT, RS, FPV, Ford Racing, Cosworth, Saleen, Roush, etc. I can't think of any other brand that has involvment in so many different teams. While not legal in the US, Ford is producing the Formula Ford. The Ecoboost powered, single seater, open wheeled racecar for the street.

If you want to complain that Ford doesn't offer a direct competitor to the Corvette and Viper then that's one thing, but you can't say they aren't performance oriented in the slightest bit, they are one of the main driving forces for performance in the entire industry!

Sports cars aren't very profitable for large brands. They're halo vehicles that attract buyers. So why doesn't Ford need one? Because the Mustang serves as a great halo vehicle for the brand while being a strong seller. So instead of throwing millions into R&D for a limited supercar with stiff competition, competition that would require constant R&D to keep up, throw it into the Mustang program and come up with something that can be offered to more people and still garner as much attention and press, i.e. a "662hp, 202mph GT500."[/QUOTE]

fords halo car is the ONLY CAR they are supporting for performance. its like here have a cookie they give you a sugar and you want a chocolate chip cookie, they wont give you the cookie you want. after all I am the customer I want what I want yet I don't get it from a company that I want to buy from. never asked or a supercar! I asked for options! oh but wait its funny how you ford fan boy mustang losers are on here. if ford brought out a new RWD V8 car all you trolls will hop right on that bandwagon. of course until then you pansy's will continue to write why ford doesn't need another car. performance oriented in 1 engine and in 1 car that does the same thing and that has been overpriced. NO OPTIONS!!!!! GM and Dodge has it! ford has lacked this idea since the let go of the thunderbird. the mustang only strategy is a joke and so are the designers that have been designing the mustang since 94.

americansteel

Banned
uuugh. What do you call the 2012 Boss? And please make sure all the information you share on this board is correct...some of it has not been accurate. 445hp and et al is incorrect. And The factory Boss motor is engineered to 8400 RPM all day long. RPMs equal HP:beer:

8400 RPM and fully forged internals, cnc'd heads, and 14 PSi equals OVER 700 RWHP DAILY driver reliable...ask me how I know:rollseyes:coolman:

AHHH what is a boss mustang? that's right a mustang. AHHH at 8400RPM who is spinning that engine high??? AHHH not nearly all of the buyers that boughten the boss. at 8400RPM you're making 700HP? LAMO weak especially when I build several coyote and boss 302's that didn't even rev that high with 14PSI! HMM.... the stock 5.0 makes 445HP at 6600RPM and the boss made 476HP at 7200RPM. peak power at 8400RPM? that really is weak. just goes to show you how high a small engine has to rev to achieve its power. of course you are full of shit. moron.

americansteel

Banned
Ford gt is waiting for its apology...

ford gt is not waiting its apology since it was only a two year car that isn't in production anymore! until ford brings out a new car with V8 performance instead of continuing flooding the market with one car, I stand on my comment!

Simon_C

Established Member
[
fords halo car is the ONLY CAR they are supporting for performance. its like here have a cookie they give you a sugar and you want a chocolate chip cookie, they wont give you the cookie you want. after all I am the customer I want what I want yet I don't get it from a company that I want to buy from. never asked or a supercar! I asked for options! oh but wait its funny how you ford fan boy mustang losers are on here. if ford brought out a new RWD V8 car all you trolls will hop right on that bandwagon. of course until then you pansy's will continue to write why ford doesn't need another car. performance oriented in 1 engine and in 1 car that does the same thing and that has been overpriced. NO OPTIONS!!!!! GM and Dodge has it! ford has lacked this idea since the let go of the thunderbird. the mustang only strategy is a joke and so are the designers that have been designing the mustang since 94.

Actually, as the customer I purchased exactly what I wanted from Ford. I could have bought a Corvette or a Camaro but I preferred my GT500. I still have my 911. My Shelby is superior car in every way. It's my first SVT product and I will definitely be buying another one in future.

If Ford did have another product I would consider it. But whether they did have another product or not was irrelevant to my decision. The one they had was superior to the competition for my purposes.

americansteel

Banned
I'm sorry, did my comment's offend you? I forget this forum is filled with flag waving pansies who can't take a dose of reality!
NO options!

americansteel

Banned
Actually, as the customer I purchased exactly what I wanted from Ford. I could have bought a Corvette or a Camaro but I preferred my GT500. I still have my 911. My Shelby is superior car in every way. It's my first SVT product and I will definitely be buying another one in future.

If Ford did have another product I would consider it. But whether they did have another product or not was irrelevant to my decision. The one they had was superior to the competition for my purposes.

I bought a 2011 GT mustang didn't like the 5.0 so I swapped a 6.2l in it. 16'' wheels which I really liked. re shaped the fat ugly rear plastic fascia and rid the black rocker plastic covers. I liked it for a few months and realized every one has a mustang. although mine stuck out of the crowd and I won nearly 200 awards at car shows and continuously raping 5.0 mustangs, I sold that car! I want something new I want something that isn't already out! yet other people that but fords but don't buy the mustang have options. Taurus fusion fiesta focus and something other, they have options yet I get none. do you see what im saying? I don't want a sports cars, I want another V8 RWD 2door car. the mustang doesn't do it for me so I have a crown vic to fill that void. ford has flooded the market with the mustang and sales have declined for many years now with slight bumps in sales. people are tired of this car! there was a survey last week 200K people took part in this survey. ["The new mustang will available next spring will you buy the mustang? and why or why not?" 149.243 said no! most common answer of the survey was "too much of the same we want a new car"] ''QUOTE"

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
The 2004 Cobra Roadster is a timeless design. I would buy one today as pictured. Nothing retro about that Cobra Roadster, it is what the Cobra would have evolved to today. I am still waiting for Ford to build it.

rlhay2

Established Member
Just because the 5.8 can fit with mods doesn't mean it's every going to go in the new Mustang. You're more likely to see a twin turbo 5.0.

I hope so.
A direct injected, turbo'ed Coyote engine could be a game changer!

americansteel

Banned
The 2004 Cobra Roadster is a timeless design. I would buy one today as pictured. Nothing retro about that Cobra Roadster, it is what the Cobra would have evolved to today. I am still waiting for Ford to build it.

if ford built a cobra roadster/hardtop or some kind of such car that would be bad as hell! but the funny thing is on this forum you have morons on here saying ford doesn't need such a car when they have the mustang. yet when ford does build such a car then you have these morons all over that cobra roadster bandwagon.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
I bought a 2011 GT mustang didn't like the 5.0 so I swapped a 6.2l in it. 16'' wheels which I really liked. re shaped the fat ugly rear plastic fascia and rid the black rocker plastic covers. I liked it for a few months and realized every one has a mustang. although mine stuck out of the crowd and I won nearly 200 awards at car shows and continuously raping 5.0 mustangs, I sold that car! I want something new I want something that isn't already out! yet other people that but fords but don't buy the mustang have options. Taurus fusion fiesta focus and something other, they have options yet I get none. do you see what im saying? I don't want a sports cars, I want another V8 RWD 2door car. the mustang doesn't do it for me so I have a crown vic to fill that void. ford has flooded the market with the mustang and sales have declined for many years now with slight bumps in sales. people are tired of this car! there was a survey last week 200K people took part in this survey. ["The new mustang will available next spring will you buy the mustang? and why or why not?" 149.243 said no! most common answer of the survey was "too much of the same we want a new car"] '

Im in for pics of said swap.. :bs:

Last edited:

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
not happening, you wont see a DI TT 5.0 in the next 7 years. ford has plans for the trinity engine and the new models they are going to bring out.

Why? Its a 13 year old platform that's paid for itself by this pint and no longer in production. The coyote's heads are better, a coyote can be revved past 7,000 on a reasonable budget, doesn't require hand assembly, and can be set up for DI.

A variant of the 5.0 is a real possibility, the long in the tooth 5.4/5.8 not so much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread