The Smurfinator's engine build has begun

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Whos axles did you have? I'm looking at the strange gun drilled 33 spline.
1320, this is my dream build, looking forward to see this beast run.

Thanks bud...i should have more updates in about a week or two...just waiting on some micro blue treated parts to arrive back.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Annnnd This is another episode of 1320 Junkies( JAYS GARAGE!) Stay tuned for more mind blowing, tire shredding, engine mods literally in JAY'S GARAGE !
LOl I'm calling for the Tele show rights ! Nice build man. Looking good and top notch as always. I know Bill cannot wait to get his grubby hands on this one. 1200 goal ?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
The real reason his engine ain't done yet... He's into some weird shit...

jay_engine_zpsd2cfdd77.jpg

1320 Junkie

Established Member
20160201_184734_zpsfg4tttuy.jpg

InstaSize_2016_1%20_%201010440_zpsbjoxraoa.jpg

Biggest changes that were made were to the aft side of the inlet...it is no longer a flat wall and was extended Aft 1/4"...we had about a 1/2" of clearance to firewall so we just split the difference. Also the short turn radius is now much straighter and opens up to almost double its original size where the turn began into the rotor area. Some other mild changes were made but these are the significant ones to increase velocity and volume to feed this massive blower. Imo the inlet is severly handicapping the 4.5 rotor packs with a as delivered inlet. Ill say this...ive had a 3.4 / 4.0 & 4.5 GT500 inlet all in my hands at one point or another this winter and Mr Whipple if your reading this....your 4.5 inlet is trash. You cannot maximize the 4.5 blower with that crappy of a inlet. A dropp spacer kit should be sold with these blowers to accomodate the type of inlet we just fabricated....because thats all im doing is dropping the motor and trans a half inch to accomodate these changes...and i gaurantee it pays huge dividens.....Billet pro shop can sell you their kits ;-) (thanks again Mat)

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
IMG_20160215_205645_zpsd7mgpryh.jpg

Roush/Yates cam washers ...Roush / Yates driver side modded secondary tensioner and MMR Billet Crank Sprocket.

1 more shipment of parts needed and its game on. Should have cam gears and chains back friday.

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
No pics of all the goodies under the cam and chain covers?

On edit. Never mind, I just read.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread