Well that didn't take long

T56LS102

Established Member
Update, car was towed to Penske collision center on Sat morning, the rear frame is tweaked, the service writer looked under and confirmed it, so as a response I said ok, so its totaled right? he said most likely not, he showed me a Camry in their shop that had extensive rear damage where they cut the frame and welded new pieces, I told him so you're saying to make the repair you are going to cut and weld the frame? he said yes.. Needles to say I have been loosing sleep, I do not want this car back! ahhh....
20180113_100640 (600x800).jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's worth the $500 (I realize not everyone has the same deductible as me) to let the insurance company deal with the trucking company since they have better resources at their disposal if self insured trucking companies are truly that difficult to get a settlement out of. I don't have any personal experience, just going off what the one guy said about them.

That's the reason I keep full coverage on everything, even my old Jeep that was only worth ~$6500 (high book). That Jeep was a wreck magnet, but everytime I just had State Farm cut me a check. I didn't need to waste my time with some lady riding around with a revoked DL.

Update, car was towed to Penske collision center on Sat morning, the rear frame is tweaked, the service writer looked under and confirmed it, so as a response I said ok, so its totaled right? he said most likely not, he showed me a Camry in their shop that had extensive rear damage where they cut the frame and welded new pieces, I told him so you're saying to make the repair you are going to cut and weld the frame? he said yes.. Needles to say I have been loosing sleep, I do not want this car back! ahhh....View attachment 1458270

I've seen shops actually swap entire frames on a wrecked Super Duty. Take everything off the old damaged frame, and essentially build a new truck on the new one.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That's the reason I keep full coverage on everything, even my old Jeep that was only worth ~$6500 (high book). That Jeep was a wreck magnet, but everytime I just had State Farm cut me a check. I didn't need to waste my time with some lady riding around with a revoked DL.

I've seen shops actually swap entire frames on a wrecked Super Duty. Take everything off the old damaged frame, and essentially build a new truck on the new one.

That’s correct. When I worked at a now defunct Ford dealer. Our body shop did that on a Chevy Duramax HD truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Update, car was towed to Penske collision center on Sat morning, the rear frame is tweaked, the service writer looked under and confirmed it, so as a response I said ok, so its totaled right? he said most likely not, he showed me a Camry in their shop that had extensive rear damage where they cut the frame and welded new pieces, I told him so you're saying to make the repair you are going to cut and weld the frame? he said yes.. Needles to say I have been loosing sleep, I do not want this car back! ahhh....View attachment 1458270
I would not want it back either

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I know where you are coming from but if it is a good shop, they will do it the way the manufacturer intended it to be fixed. We all follow manufacturer's suggested when doing repairs. When they say they are going to section the frame, they are sectioning it at a spot where there is a break and Ford sells the rear section piece that can swap right over. They aren't cutting anything that isn't meant to ve cut during repairs. I attached a picture to show you how yhe car is put together. Number 13 is what they will be swapping on the vehicle. An experienced tech can do this without you even knowing that it occurred. They're like Legos basically.

Only thing that really sucks is the diminished value part of it which I would certainly go after. As others are saying total it, you can't. Insurance will do their part and then you can do what you want afterwards but they dont give a shit about how you will feel about it. If you dont own the car outright and there is a lien on the vehicle, you wont even see the money, or you may receive the check but the shops name will be on it too and you wont be able to cash it. They do this to ensure the vehicle is repaired and that the bank is not left with a broken vehicle while the customer runs off with the money. When isnurance is involved you dont get much say in the matter.

bb10ea4e20bfbb8b688fa79bd5e14375.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
@svtfocus2cobra thx! I never knew they could do that, still doesn't sit well
No problem. It usually doesn't sit well with anyone so you are not alone. Just know that if you find something wrong related to the repair down the road you can open the claim back up and have it fixed. You just have to be able to prove that it was part of the accident or repair.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

T56LS102

Established Member
Sucks OP!!!

Who was trucking Co that hit it?

CH Robinson

I just sat down with the owner of the company I work for (It is a large generator manufacture) I explained to him what happened as he was out of town. I told him that I would not feel whole getting a repaired vehicle back that was damaged to that extent and only being a month old, he looked at me and said I wouldn't want that car back either lol... So here's the plan, in the case it will be repaired he said sell the car, carmax or where ever and let me know what the difference is from what you paid for the car and we (the company i work for) will cut a check for the difference. Then they will go after the trucking company.

Needles to say I am very happy!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
CH Robinson

I just sat down with the owner of the company I work for (It is a large generator manufacture) I explained to him what happened as he was out of town. I told him that I would not feel whole getting a repaired vehicle back that was damaged to that extent and only being a month old, he looked at me and said I wouldn't want that car back either lol... So here's the plan, in the case it will be repaired he said sell the car, carmax or where ever and let me know what the difference is from what you paid for the car and we (the company i work for) will cut a check for the difference. Then they will go after the trucking company.

Great news

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
That'd be pretty cool if they did that. The car doesn't look like a total. This is my wife's car after she got slammed into last year. Other driver's insurance refused to pay so we were stuck claiming it on ours. $10K damage and rear floor had to be cut out. They repaired it perfectly though. Can't tell anything happened to it at all.

c47bbd9dff27240df76637285d0ec74a.jpg

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
CH Robinson

I'll give you 5k after it's fixed! LOL
Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T56LS102

Established Member
update, update... Well I'm back at square one...I greatly misunderstood what he meant by my company stepping in if they needed to, When I explained to him that I don't want the car and if they do fix it I am taking it straight to carmax and going after the shipping company to give me the $ difference, thats when he said the campany will step in and just go after the shipping co. So it got me thinking I better make sure we were clear on what they were going to do, so i called the owner last night on his cell and said, just so were clear, I am taking car after the repair to carmax and the company (you) are going to cut a check and then go after shipping co? he said no, we are here to support you in anything evidence related you may need and I'm willing to step in and personally get involved. I said well good thing I made the call then to clear this up.. fml

Users who are viewing this thread