WhiteLine UCA, GO CHECK YOURS NOW!!!

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
wow! whiteline was always known to be a good brand years ago when I was part of the subaru communities. Surprising to see this as a result.

Side by side photo with the Steeda is worth 1000 words. No comparison. So glad I didn't order the whiteline uca last week when I had it in my cart. And shame on me for being lazy with research lately.

bgeezy985

Established Member
Pics of whiteline uca on my car. Installed 2 weeks ago, about 80 miles on it.

usa6unen.jpg

su2ymesy.jpg

kingnut

Established Member
All this up in arms crap, and your life is danger talk is uneccessary guys. Stop premoting fear and premote resolution. You drive a high performance machine capable of higher then average speeds, chances are you drive it that way from time to time, or you wasted your money. There is more risk of harm just driving these cars the way they are meant to be driven, then harm from a parts failure such as this. There could be a bad batch of these out or this could be isolated to a few incidents, these issues will have to be investigated. I have a whiteline uca and if i see a problem with it i will get a refund from whiteline and choose another unit, simple and done! It really is nothing more then that. In the world of high performance I already accepted the fact that parts fail from time to time, so let's not overeact to what has been shown here! Let's not cry and moan like women, but rather deal with the issue head on and solve the problem like men!

Everyone is posting a resolution. They are getting rid of the whiteline UCA's. You are acting like the composed father of the forum but your not really saying anything. People have a right to be upset if they pay good money for what is supposed to be a quality product and it is shit. Not to mention time and money wasted installing an inferior product.

Im gonna get a picture of mine sometime tomorrow and see what it looks like. Probably only 100 miles on it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
All this up in arms crap, and your life is danger talk is uneccessary guys. Stop premoting fear and premote resolution. You drive a high performance machine capable of higher then average speeds, chances are you drive it that way from time to time, or you wasted your money. There is more risk of harm just driving these cars the way they are meant to be driven, then harm from a parts failure such as this. There could be a bad batch of these out or this could be isolated to a few incidents, these issues will have to be investigated. I have a whiteline uca and if i see a problem with it i will get a refund from whiteline and choose another unit, simple and done! It really is nothing more then that. In the world of high performance I already accepted the fact that parts fail from time to time, so let's not overeact to what has been shown here! Let's not cry and moan like women, but rather deal with the issue head on and solve the problem like men!

You the 2nd biggest cry baby in this thread next to forgotmyname. Niether one of you guys have a clue what's going on in the real world. These threads are he to svae lives. These failures can an will kill someone. So fixing the problem at this point would be to pull white line off the car till they can fix the issue.

Laloosh

Established Member
Based on that picture I need to go see if my mount actually made contact with the housing. Mine is still on the car as it is just sitting there in the garage.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
You the 2nd biggest cry baby in this thread next to forgotmyname. Niether one of you guys have a clue what's going on in the real world. These threads are he to svae lives. These failures can an will kill someone. So fixing the problem at this point would be to pull white line off the car till they can fix the issue.

Nah just let him keep driving on it, he said it's not dangerous or anything. He'll be fine.

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
Besides being thin, there is clearly a clearance issue during articulation of the control arm.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Everyone is posting a resolution. They are getting rid of the whiteline UCA's. You are acting like the composed father of the forum but your not really saying anything. People have a right to be upset if they pay good money for what is supposed to be a quality product and it is shit. Not to mention time and money wasted installing an inferior product.

Im gonna get a picture of mine sometime tomorrow and see what it looks like. Probably only 100 miles on it.

My car is currently up on a lift getting headers installed, since i saw this post i called my installer to check out my uca, he says yeah my uca is showing signs of stress. I'm not upset, why cause its any easy fix. I'm gonna call a/m order a new mount and have it drop shipped to the shop which is 15 miles from a/m. it will be there 1st thing in the morning and he will install it. I will have my new headers on and my new mount on. Problem solved nothing to cry about.

You know they say women are ruled by their emotions! Some of the emotions displayed in this thread made me a believer!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
My car is currently up on a lift getting headers installed, since i saw this post i called my installer to check out my uca, he says yeah my uca is showing signs of stress. I'm not upset, why cause its any easy fix. I'm gonna call a/m order a new mount and have it drop shipped to the shop which is 15 miles from a/m. it will be there 1st thing in the morning and he will install it. I will have my new headers on and my new mount on. Problem solved nothing to cry about.

You know they say women are ruled by their emotions! Some of the emotions displayed in this thread made me a believer!

I dont think you should be calling anyone a women when your paying someone to install your long tubes.

Laloosh

Established Member
So that is 5 now. Has anyone checked their mount and it looks fine yet? How is whiteline not seeing this during their testing on all these road/drift/drag cars?

86merc

Established Member
I'm not upset, why cause its any easy fix. I'm gonna call a/m order a new mount

You say you are ordering a new mount. So I am confused a little. The control arm is what is hitting the axle. Is the shop saying there is a issue with the forward chassis mount as well? Or is the chassis mount causing a geometry issue putting the arm at a bad angle making it hit the housing?

Or did you mean to say upper control arm?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
We have posted on other threads that we believe their brackets on the uppercontrol arm are to thin causing a safety concern and this is not the first time we have seen this. Our brackets are nearly twice as thick, rigorously tested and race proven time and time again.

IMG_8112_zps6115b432.jpg
not only is the metal too thin , welding the tube to the flange on the front side only is also not the best way to attach it. Looking at the Steeda UCA im gonna assume you guys may have learned that lesson the hard way , either that or you R&D was very thorough.

Ratchet

Established Member
In for whether or not the mount is good. I was planning on just changing out the CA itself. But if there is an issue with the mount as well then I'll have to call JPC back and get a whole kit. Not expecting anything from whiteline. They would just want to replace it. With what? They same faulty piece?

Also wonder if BBR is seeing this. They are pushing the whiteline uppers pretty good in sales. And that's where I got this one.

:beer:

86merc

Established Member
Looking at the Steeda UCA im gonna assume you guys may have learned that lesson the hard way , either that or you R&D was very thorough.

Matt or Gus can probably tell you more about their history and parts development than I can. But they have been around since 1988. These guys develop parts as well as build & race cars. Lots of experience there. :beer:

Last edited:

Draiter

Established Member
Here's my UCA.... Notice it's bent already, after only 3 or so weeks, and a thousand kilometers. Sent an email to Whiteline support USA at 7:50am today and still have not received a reply. Resent the email at 3:00pm today...

C360_2013-06-17-23-58-45_zps8228eb51.jpg

IMG_20130617_235753_zps85899a2f.jpg

IMG_20130617_235708_zpse726dd5f.jpg

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I dont think you should be calling anyone a women when your paying someone to install your long tubes.

Would you try to install headers, at the age of 50 with a bad back and no access to a lift? I think not, hell even the young bucks in here that have access fear installing headers on these cars!

I chose the steeda adj. mount and bracket should be here tommorow!

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
Thats 6 so far. Yea whiteline has been sort of hard to reach imo. I called multiple numbers and finally got through to someone who can actually do something. That individual said they read my email and asked for me to email them all my contact information including phone number and that someone will be reach out to me shortly.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks like white line may need to buy a mustang an do some R&D

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
So that is 5 now. Has anyone checked their mount and it looks fine yet? How is whiteline not seeing this during their testing on all these road/drift/drag cars?

The boss 302 s factory race car comes with a whiteline uca, if there was any sign it should have shown up there!

Users who are viewing this thread