Why Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Their Cars

dustin88lx

Established Member
Yeah you definatley don't hand the keys to someone without the experience of driving a near 700whp car especially on a rainy day!!! That video makes me sick, because if the wreck didn't kill the driver I would have. There is no reason for that and the speed it took to cause that damage was odviously reckless and excessive.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Holy crap!
That really sucks for the owner. These cars are no joke. 600 rwhp on little 285's can bite you quickly if you're not paying attention or using good judgement.
S.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I about almost puked.....engine is probably salvageable

This is why I never ever let anyone drive my car

Last edited:

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Ouch, that had to be a bad wreck and a hard lesson learned.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
yeah you definatley don't hand the keys to someone without the experience of driving a near 700whp car especially on a rainy day!!! That video makes me sick, because if the wreck didn't kill the driver i would have. There is no reason for that and the speed it took to cause that damage was odviously reckless and excessive.

+1!

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Since it was sitting in his yard or at least looked like it I wonder if it was fully insured. Take a look at the rear tire, it looks like it is almost bald. I don't see any tread on the outside of the tire.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
That's nuts. Feel bad for the owner. Wonder if he was a member on here.....

Yep, no one driving my car but me. Of course I did let my pops drive it once with me in it lol. But I trust him.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
That's nuts. Feel bad for the owner. Wonder if he was a member on here.....

Yep, no one driving my car but me. Of course I did let my pops drive it once with me in it lol. But I trust him.

I offered my dad the opportunity to drive it, no way he said. The most he did was move it out of his way at his house once :lol1:

FYI for those wondering, often in accidents the tires will look bald after a wreck like this where it looks like this car went into a uncontrollable slide of some sort....so who knows. My guess is cooler temps, slick pavement, inexperienced driver going way too fast

Users who are viewing this thread