"Willing to pay NADA CLEAN TRADE-IN for Terminator

jimmy1320

Established Member
I would never pay that for a GT, I'd rather have a used GT500. You can get a used pre 2015 5.0 anywhere from 15k to 20k. 15k would probably have 100,000 miles on it though. So it's ok to make fun of someone who wants a good deal (The original poster asking for NADA), but it's not ok to present arguments that he can find what he's looking for (though it might take some time) and that some people on here ask too much for their cars? I don't get it.

Not making fun of anyone.

2005LS2Goat

Established Member
1. I compared the new GT500 performance to mine as far as price is concerned, explaining its still a bargain..of course a new shelby has a warranty (which no cobra still has anyway) and a bigger motor and is better in a lot of ways. It should after 10 years and for 3x as much lol.. You didn't understand that I was talking about price. Oh, and another reason the new GT 500 is more is due to inflation probably more than anything.
2. You don't know how the terminators are built with a Kellogg forged crank, Manley rods, and forged pistons if you think it's going to blow up.. Why do you think they have such a reputation for making big power? Lol
3. Sure, you can build a junk yard Camaro for cheaper and thats what you'll have. My car has 40k miles and still smells and drives like new..which is a big difference compared to a rat rod.
4. As far as weight is concerned, now you're comparing a lighter 5.0? I was talking about a GT500. Do you know the difference? And boat-like the new cars are. They are huge. Ford had to do that to accommodate all sizes of people who enjoy them.
At the end of the day, I still hold my position. I've already proven what I would do- buy a nice terminator that gives me the same status and performance as a new GT500 for 1/3 the price and put my other money into a nice house and garage to enjoy it with. That's my decision, others will choose differently.

I wrote a lengthy rebuttal but my internet crapped up and I lost it. Oh well, it doesn't matter. This is a wanted ad anyways. The cobra is an old, aging car that in stock form is not impressive and requires lots of extra boost to make it fast. It's kind of sad that a boosted engine on 8-10 psi of boost makes less HP than a NA 5.0. It basically is a good engine wrapped in a lackluster car that is cheaply made. Kind of like the new 5.0 but not as good and a lot older. For 15-20k it's not a bad car, but for 30k + it's not a good deal.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I wrote a lengthy rebuttal but my internet crapped up and I lost it. Oh well, it doesn't matter. This is a wanted ad anyways. The cobra is an old, aging car that in stock form is not impressive. It basically is a good engine wrapped in a lackluster car. Kind of like the new 5.0 but not as good and a lot older. For 15-20k it's not a bad car, but for 30k + it's not a good deal.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

he was actually pretty spot on. and your opinion was my laugh of the day ...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
"Willing to pay NADA CLEAN TRADE-IN for Terminator

i wrote a lengthy rebuttal but my internet crapped up and i lost it. Oh well, it doesn't matter. This is a wanted ad anyways. The cobra is an old, aging car that in stock form is not impressive and requires lots of extra boost to make it fast. It's kind of sad that a boosted engine on 8-10 psi of boost makes less hp than a na 5.0. It basically is a good engine wrapped in a lackluster car that is cheaply made. Kind of like the new 5.0 but not as good and a lot older. For 15-20k it's not a bad car, but for 30k + it's not a good deal.

lmfao like the GTO's on eBay selling for 15-18k lol.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It seems like a few of the newer guys have joined to try and adjust the market prices, lol.
yeah that is the problem with youngsters that are now getting to where they can get a loan. they want what they want for THEIR price .. screw the market and facts be damned. Some of the stuff here is accurate i.e. these cars ARE 12 years old but they hold their value better than most others and those of us that have an understanding of what the Terminator meant to the car world see how that is playing out. the kids? not so much

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
Mine is always for sale, but you wouldn't like the price I'd ask.

THIS! first 50k in my hand can have my car. IF I decide to list it, the price will be 32k ... rock bottom 30k.

Horseshit. I am well aware what my car bluebooks for Believing it is worth more has ZERO to do with my asking price. it is what I am willing to sell it for, nothing more, nothing less and two shits not given about what other people say or think about that price.

it is 100% true that a vehicle (including TERMINATORS) are worth what the buyer is willing to pay. it is also true that if you want one bad enough you will pay the asking price or close to it. otherwise move on and wait for a deal more to your liking, but expect to be waiting a considerable time. The MARKET says these cars are worth a certain amount, and the market has never paid much attention to NADA
Had a guy offer me 25k for my CO the other day. I got a nice laugh out of it at least

Franco

Established Member
It seems like a few of the newer guys have joined to try and adjust the market prices, lol.

Being a new guy I resent that quote lol.
I recently purchased my first cobra for at about an average price. I paid close to asking cause it was clean, low mileage and because of the legend that proceeds these cars.
I have been watching the market on these cars for quite some time and fact of the matter is that these cars are no longer depreciating.
They def are the boss 429s of the modern day hot rods.
I by no means hate Chevy, Dodge or any other manufacturer, but no one in the modern day has ever produced a car with the capabilities that the terminator has. It can keep up with cars 10 years newer.
Bottom line is this you won't understand unless you drive one.

2005LS2Goat

Established Member
yeah that is the problem with youngsters that are now getting to where they can get a loan. they want what they want for THEIR price .. screw the market and facts be damned. Some of the stuff here is accurate i.e. these cars ARE 12 years old but they hold their value better than most others and those of us that have an understanding of what the Terminator meant to the car world see how that is playing out. the kids? not so much

I'm a 26 year old accountant, not really a kid anymore. I've seen about 10-20 good deals in the last 6 months or so. Most were too far away for me and one of them, the dealership wanted 18k for a cobra with under 15,000 miles on it but they sold it out from under me.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'm a 26 year old accountant, not really a kid anymore. I've seen about 10-20 good deals in the last 6 months or so. Most were too far away for me and one of them, the dealership wanted 18k for a cobra with under 15,000 miles on it but they sold it out from under me.
I have a zit on my ass older than you. you are still a kid

let me add one more thing... you are willing to pay 18k for a car but unwilling to drop a couple hundred on a plane ticket to go pick it up. you should keep the goat ... that is where you belong with the cheby crowd

Last edited:

SOVACobra03

Established Member
Be happy they did. Something was wrong with that car

2005LS2Goat

Established Member

Nope, nothing wrong with it. They just probably priced it according to NADA, not some made up number like on here.

SOVACobra03

Established Member
Nope, nothing wrong with it. They just probably priced it according to NADA, not some made up number like on here.
So let me see if I'm understanding this lol so they priced it according to some number Nada made up vs what the market is actually at...... Nada and kbb are bs. for example, my buddy just bought a vette for 20k with a Nada of 26 for it. Even he says he over paid for it. And as proof we have seen a few c5 z06s going for 20-22k and they Nada for like 30

2005LS2Goat

Established Member
I have a zit on my ass older than you. you are still a kid

let me add one more thing... you are willing to pay 18k for a car but unwilling to drop a couple hundred on a plane ticket to go pick it up. you should keep the goat ... that is where you belong with the cheby crowd

What are you three? Cheby crowd really? Also it's a pontiac not a chevy. I also could care less about the crowd. I don't go to car shows or hang out with the "Cheby" crowd. I could care less about other owners, because it's just a car. Also, I'm not a fan boy like you so I could care less what make the car is. I just want a nice car that I will enjoy. There's also a lot more risk involved in buying a car you haven't seen. The car could have something wrong with it and then you have to buy the return flight and lose the money for nothing. That could be up to $1000. Or you could buy it and it breaks down 1,000 miles from home.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I see you don't know much about how to buy a car either .

What are you three? Cheby crowd really? Also it's a pontiac not a chevy. I also could care less about the crowd. I don't go to car shows or hang out with the "Cheby" crowd. I could care less about other owners, because it's just a car. Also, I'm not a fan boy like you so I could care less what make the car is. I just want a nice car that I will enjoy. There's also a lot more risk involved in buying a car you haven't seen. The car could have something wrong with it and then you have to buy the return flight and lose the money for nothing. That could be up to $1000. Or you could buy it and it breaks down 1,000 miles from home.

Users who are viewing this thread