Zl1 you are done!!!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
61mm considers it one, since it;s "easier" than a set of headers even though he has more than likely NOT done either job, and just spewing internet garbage based off posts he read lolol

Id have to agree with that 100%, these new camaros are the best disappointment in history...61MM sucks on this forum..lol:beer:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Oh man, that hurts my feelings but you know what's even worse than 61mm? 2005-2009 mustangs. I can't believe that's the design Ford settled on. Thank god they got rid of it.

:rolling:

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Oh man, that hurts my feelings but you know what's even worse than 61mm? 2005-2009 mustangs.

:rolling:

LOL does not offend me one bit, the 05-09 body is very overpopulated..but then again what mustang isnt? i am a die hard SN95 guy, and they are just getting too ragged out for me to love or enjoy anymore, so until i reach the age of 30 or 40, i will buy one then and blow my balls making it perfect..but for now, you spew garbage, and you are a miserable idiot. Thanks:beer:

Jroc

Established Member
This, except for the weight. 400 lbs is a big difference. Granted, swapping the stock exhaust out you lose 50ish lbs on the 5th gen, and there are a few other things you can do to save weight. But when you get down to brass tacks it's just a 2 door CTS-V. Hopefully the newer Camaro is a lot lighter. I'm just glad the HP competetion between the big three is back.

Whats 400 lbs?

The Gen 5's are BFP's.(I just made that up, and it stands for "big fat pigs") I don't really agree as the new CTS-V's seem to be faster cars than the ZL1 in any forum which doesn't make much sense, but it seems that way from everything currently posted online. I would like to see a stock CTS-V vs a stock ZL1 manual for manual, or auto for auto. When you say the exhaust are you talking the CB or the full system? The S197's save about 42/44 lbs with a good quality headers back system. Hell even just a CB alone saved me a bunch of weight on my Terminator. IDK how much my O/R mid-pipe ended up saving me.

Also people need to quit acting like a TVS 1900 is a crappy blower. That's BS. Is a KB 2.8 a crappy blower because it's smaller than a KB 3.6? A TVS is a good blower in any forum. I will agree that the 2300 is a better blower, but a 1900 is still a good piece, and I sure better than say a old GT500's M122.

I'm all for competition, but Ford needs to quite butt F'in around, and copy Chevy and build a Corvette competitor. I mean a Camaro is just a copy of the idea behind a Mustang to move in on the niche Ford created. Even small ass companies like Chrysler and Nissan can build Corvette competitors. You're suppose to have vehicles to compete against what your rivals have.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
All this talk about gt500 vs zl1....im just happy my wimpy NA boss put a whipping on one.

This. There is already a thread for GT500 vs. ZL1.

Good kill OP, and very believable. That poor guy in the ZL1 must have gone home and logged onto Summit to start modding his car right away! That would be a tough pill to swallow if you just dropped $60K+ and got waxed by a car that you were "sure" you could beat before the race started!

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Finally saw another ZL1 today, to bad I was in the F150 with the kiddo. It was driven by and older woman surprisingly. Scratch that ZL1 off the list. The hunt continues!

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
Whats 400 lbs?

The Gen 5's are BFP's.(I just made that up, and it stands for "big fat pigs") I don't really agree as the new CTS-V's seem to be faster cars than the ZL1 in any forum which doesn't make much sense, but it seems that way from everything currently posted online. I would like to see a stock CTS-V vs a stock ZL1 manual for manual, or auto for auto. When you say the exhaust are you talking the CB or the full system? The S197's save about 42/44 lbs with a good quality headers back system. Hell even just a CB alone saved me a bunch of weight on my Terminator. IDK how much my O/R mid-pipe ended up saving me.

Also people need to quit acting like a TVS 1900 is a crappy blower. That's BS. Is a KB 2.8 a crappy blower because it's smaller than a KB 3.6? A TVS is a good blower in any forum. I will agree that the 2300 is a better blower, but a 1900 is still a good piece, and I sure better than say a old GT500's M122.

I'm all for competition, but Ford needs to quite butt F'in around, and copy Chevy and build a Corvette competitor. I mean a Camaro is just a copy of the idea behind a Mustang to move in on the niche Ford created. Even small ass companies like Chrysler and Nissan can build Corvette competitors. You're suppose to have vehicles to compete against what your rivals have.

I was referring to the weight difference stock between the 2. The ZL1 is 4100+ and the SHelby is what, 3700 ish? Correct me if I'm wrong. I was saying the ZL1 needs a diet, bad.

The 1900 is crappy compared to the 2300. If Chevy had used a better blower and cooling system they could have definitely wrung more power out of the ZL1. I've seen them run and a friend owns one. Once they are heated up, they are worthless. I've beaten him at the track in my bolt on 01' Z06.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new Maros look(Challenger looks the best IMO but I will never own one because of the weight problem), but if I had the choice, GT500 all day. Actually C6Z06 FTW but since we are comparing the 2 I will say GT500 for obvious reasons.

I agree with you, Ford needs to build a Vette competitor in the worst way. I'm excited to see the new C7 for sure, who knows what GM would have done with it if they had competition.

EDIT I have owned a 1900 powered vehicle (GTO). I wish I had saved up for the 2300.

Last edited:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
All this talk about gt500 vs zl1....im just happy my wimpy NA boss put a whipping on one.

Sorry.

It seems anytime an NA Ford beats up on a blown LS some token LSfan has to chime in with denial and speculation......then comes the diseased "cam" talk, booooooooring!

Nice kill BTW :beer::beer:

D.T.R

Established Member
The ZL1 stock traps between 111-113 I raced one a few times and his best mPh was 111, and I have a friend with one, and his BEST pass is 12.20@113on DRs Both cars were autos on DRs

Likely the GT500 if HP wins races.
FASTLANE MOTORSPORTS : KENNE BELL 3.6L 2013 GT500 : KOTS 2012 : ROBERT CHAVIS - YouTube

A)A LSA in is as forged as a LS3 which means it has a forged crank. It's not a bad motor but it's pretty much GM's budget boosted LS motor.

B)A OHC motor is in general a better platform for boosting than a OHV motor. I understand that plenty of people have boosted LS, and other OHV motors to some very big #'s, but still.

C)A LSA will not turn 7000 RPM's without some twerking like a new 5.8 will even with it's 4.165" stroke.

D)KB claims a new GT500 is a 900+ WHP car with one of their blowers and not a whole lot more. Have fun launching a 4,100 lb IRS ZL1 with 900+ WHP.

E)GT500 weighs around 250 lbs less than ZL1.

IMO a Gen5's platform leaves a lot to be desired. I have heard it referred to as mediocre. But the ZL1's excellent MR suspension really makes up for it's chassis IMO. Still I will say that the new 1LE SS without the MR suspension seems like it does pretty good.

I think the gen 5 platform is straight up pathetic, or Ford is just that much better.
The LS motors are good, i think it's just that the cars they put them in are so heavy... it makes the car a turd.

D.T.R

Established Member
Sorry.

It seems anytime an NA Ford beats up on a blown LS some token LSfan has to chime in with denial and speculation......then comes the diseased "cam" talk, booooooooring!

Nice kill BTW :beer::beer:

I love how they pull the "corvette" card haha... when ford doesn't have anything to compete with it, or in the same category... but since the Mustang vs Camaro is no longer a competition any more... Mustangs are starting to gang up on vettes. Who knows, maybe next generation mustangs will be aimed at corvettes since the "maros" are not even worth a try...

Yellow03snake

Established Member
I love how they pull the "corvette" card haha... when ford doesn't have anything to compete with it, or in the same category... but since the Mustang vs Camaro is no longer a competition any more... Mustangs are starting to gang up on vettes. Who knows, maybe next generation mustangs will be aimed at corvettes since the "maros" are not even worth a try...

Yup, but hey now, if you add heads, the mandatory CAM, every single bolt on, maybe a stroker shortblock to a 5th gen....it's all bolt on's to them, can be done in 30 minutes too!!

I mean all that stuff bolts together right? Bolt ons!!

D.T.R

Established Member
Yup, but hey now, if you add heads, the mandatory CAM, every single bolt on, maybe a stroker shortblock to a 5th gen....it's all bolt on's to them, can be done in 30 minutes too!!

I mean all that stuff bolts together right? Bolt ons!!

rofl
The one I love the most is the "cam only" mod... which in reality their "cam only" actually means = headers, mid pipe, intake, cam and tune lmao :lol1:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
rofl
The one I love the most is the "cam only" mod... which in reality their "cam only" actually means = headers, mid pipe, intake, cam and tune lmao :lol1:

LOL

Lately I've been seeing a ton of LSswaps, some of these guys trying to pass as "stock" motors but they have enough port work to drive a Prius down the intake port and cam lobes the size of the St Louis Arch, but hey everything else is factory!

61mmstang94

Established Member
Yellow03snake no one in here was saying the camaro is better than your precious ford brand.

Take a breath and step away from the keyboard until you can stop being so insecure.

You act like you're a 2nd grader and someone just made a joke about your mom.

Last edited:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Yellow03snake no one in here was saying the camaro is better than your precious ford brand.

Take a breath and step away from the keyboard until you can stop being so insecure.

You act like you're a 2nd grader and someone just made a joke about your mom.

Oh, I thought this was the internet, for entertainment purposes.....I guess I should brush up on my forum etiquette, bow down to the LS motor and it's random followers on patrol, sit back and be bored.

I own a cammed LS car you ass monkey!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I wonder if we took a ZL1 and GT500 and put the same size KB or aftermarket s/c on it with the supporting mods on both, which would be faster?

I'm guessing it would be a very good race. So while I can agree GM really messed up choosing the factory s/c they picked, that it doesn't makemthecar itself terrible. In fact, as each starts making more power I see the advantage going to the ZL1 due to better suspension.

But there's no doubt stock for stock and minor bolt-on the GT500 takes the win.

In a drag race you'd chose IRS over a fairly rugged 8.8? Surprising!

Users who are viewing this thread