Scammed by a guy in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BACKFIRE

Established Member
At what point .....

do you pull the plug? This epic interweb saga of testosterone, shit talking, hi-fiving and verbal bitch slappin has droned on for over 75 pages. I have yet to see any of the "major ownage of epic proportions" that is being broadcasted across dozens of forums. So far, the only action I've seen is some harrassing text messages and emails to the "scammer". Apparently, he isn't too concerned and neither is local law enforcement. It's painfully obvious at this point that an arrest will not be imminent, unless of course the "scammer" manages to file harrassement charges or trespassing charges when a bunch of forum guys show up on his doorstep demanding a phone that (unless I missed something) has not been proven to be stolen. (police report with file #? ... anyone .... Bueller...Bueller...) Now if this isn't bad enough, there is actually talk of getting the news media involved. I can see it now: "Lamest thread in the history of internet, film at eleven." The immortal words "Shit or get off the pot" are ringing true. Just saying .....

speedfreak87

Established Member
do you pull the plug? This epic interweb saga of testosterone, shit talking, hi-fiving and verbal bitch slappin has droned on for over 75 pages. I have yet to see any of the "major ownage of epic proportions" that is being broadcasted across dozens of forums. So far, the only action I've seen is some harrassing text messages and emails to the "scammer". Apparently, he isn't too concerned and neither is local law enforcement. It's painfully obvious at this point that an arrest will not be imminent, unless of course the "scammer" manages to file harrassement charges or trespassing charges when a bunch of forum guys show up on his doorstep demanding a phone that (unless I missed something) has not been proven to be stolen. (police report with file #? ... anyone .... Bueller...Bueller...) Now if this isn't bad enough, there is actually talk of getting the news media involved. I can see it now: "Lamest thread in the history of internet, film at eleven." The immortal words "Shit or get off the pot" are ringing true. Just saying .....

You must not have read the whole thing.. this stuff doesn't happen overnight.. as far as ownage, the fact that this guy scammed someone and is now getting hounded is the ownage.. it should make him think twice next time.

97cobra1

Established Member
The point of this thread isn't epic ownage, it was a by-product. The point of this thread is getting his phone back. Every post you make talks about shitting or getting off the pot. I think you're the only one waiting for some huge FBI/CIA fraud bust of massively epic godlike proportions.

The kid is probably less than 24 hours from being a news story, they know his address, and people are working to get the phone back. I think you need to move along if you're expecting more than what's currently occuring.

BACKFIRE

Established Member
The point of this thread isn't epic ownage, it was a by-product. The point of this thread is getting his phone back. Every post you make talks about shitting or getting off the pot. I think you're the only one waiting for some huge FBI/CIA fraud bust of massively epic godlike proportions.

A by-product? Come on, I've been reading how this guy got owned from the start. I'd quote a bunch of "epic ownage" posts but don't think I could take reading all this again. Insofar as me waiting for a massive fraud bust, I've been saying this thing is a complete joke from the start and nothing would happen.

The kid is probably less than 24 hours from being a news story, they know his address, and people are working to get the phone back. I think you need to move along if you're expecting more than what's currently occuring.

Actually what is occurring, which is absolutely zilch, is exactly what I expected from the start. I'm just pointing this out as this thread seems to never end. I hope the OP does get his phone back. It could have been achieved without all the fanfare though. I'm also not trying to start a pissing match, just stating the obvious. I'll chill out though and wait for the epic ending.

canibus

Established Member
the ownage is the fact that he's having to return the stuff. When in most situations he would have gotten away with it. In the process we got him to start paying his warrants, scare him to the point where he's beggin for us to stop, harrassed him anywhere he went in cyberspace and we could now possibly get a news report in his home town. If that's not ownage then you gotta tell us what is. SVTP has officially put the word out all over the internet that if you scam one of our own, you WILL NOT get away with it.

BACKFIRE

Established Member
the ownage is the fact that he's having to return the stuff. When in most situations he would have gotten away with it. In the process we got him to start paying his warrants, scare him to the point where he's beggin for us to stop, harrassed him anywhere he went in cyberspace and we could now possibly get a news report in his home town. If that's not ownage then you gotta tell us what is. SVTP has officially put the word out all over the internet that if you scam one of our own, you WILL NOT get away with it.

If all that happens, then yea he's kinda owned. Let's not start patting ourselves on the back yet, we're still out one phone. We'll see how it goes.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
^^^^so basically you're a glass half empty kinda guy.

no, he's basically a "i just joined the forum....when are we getting OUR phone back?" kinda guy.

you have to understand, the OP might not get his phone back, but the idiots that live on this board will not rest until either the phone is returned or the guy gets killed in a drive-by. that's about it. they have nothing better to do then mess with this douche-bag. i would count that as pretty damn good ownage. i dont think the douche would have done the scam had he known he was in for this kind of experience.

if nothing else BIG happens somewhere in the country or world, this will have a good chance of ending up as a filler story on the news. i dont recall anything like it being a news story before. it would definitely pull in viewers. :-D

FiaCobra

Established Member
Look, nothing is going to happen when someone goes to his "hood" to pick up the phone. From those pics, that doesn't look much like a hood to me. Now THIS is a hood.

800px-Morrisiana-Bronx2.jpg

....you may want to pack heat going here.

Common

Established Member
Look, nothing is going to happen when someone goes to his "hood" to pick up the phone. From those pics, that doesn't look much like a hood to me. Now THIS is a hood.

....you may want to pack heat going here.

You obviously have missed a few pages. Scammer is not in Montclair anymore. He is in a much much worse place now.

97cobra1

Established Member
It made me a potential customer....

I say potential cause i'm broke as hell. :shrug:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Common, this is bullshit. He is giving you the run around. The only place you should meet is outside the Police dept. Otherwise, you need to stop letting him play you. He doesnt want to get this over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread