Will You Ever Be "Finished" With Your Build?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
No. Once the modding process begins it will never stop. There will always be something better that comes out that fits in your budget.

oldmodman

Established Member
Never.

Even if I end up being unable to do all my work myself I will find competent people to do it for me.

I'm getting bored with blowers. Maybe it's time for a custom turbo system. And then of course, it's always time for a new wrap.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
There is always something to do. My next project will be cleaning up the engine bay and trying to tuck some stuff away from view.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
no, but then again I don't want the car to be apart so much for me not to be able to drive it at least half the time. I think it is important to find that balance between upgrading the car and enjoying what you've done.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
no, but then again I don't want the car to be apart so much for me not to be able to drive it at least half the time. I think it is important to find that balance between upgrading the car and enjoying what you've done.

thats where I am now, after ~2.5 years in pieces there are things I would like to re-do but I just need to enjoy the thing for a little while

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I like to go by the method of do it all during winter, enjoy it all spring/summer/fall then repeat process over again!

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Never.
I'm now into my engine build after installing a 9" in the car.
Hopefully by spring I will finish the new engine and have a T56 Magnum XL ready to go in.
Then it will get a paint refresh for the front fascia and hood. Once that's done then I can concentrate on the interior upgrades such as a GT500 steering wheel and parking brake handle and boot.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I'm the odd man out. My car is stock and I really enjoy it that way. Although I don't drive my car much, I would hate having it down all the time for projects. So I guess I was done with my car the day I bought it. lol.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
My Ford GT and my Camaro are lifers and the modding will probably never end as i only race them in a straight line now. both cars will probably end up with TT's.

While my Viper is a lifer too i am done modding it because i use it for road racing only now.

my corvette is getting heads and cam next month :-D

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
When I am done, it is time to sell and get another project.

This. I plan a build, execute, and then look at it like, now what? There's only one project I'd keep and tinker with, and that would be my blue car if I ever got it back. Shelby has very specific end goals.

nxhappy

Established Member
it never stops. then you buy a new car, and it's back to square one LOL

big dad

Established Member
The only time it will end is when you're dead. I've owned my 68 Chevy II since it was new, raced it in E Modified, street raced it, took it completely apart in 1982, finished it in 1991 and showed it in the ISCA. Then I took it apart all over again in April of 1994 to change a few things, just some areas I wanted to improve and modify further.

Then in 2002 along comes the Cobra. One more thing to pour my money into, plus the 86 GT which I've owned since new. I finally finished up my garage with plaster, paint, and a finished floor. Now the garage is to nice to do body work in so the Chevy II sits. Finally, about 2 years ago one of my close friends who happens to own a body shop and does alot of custom work asks me if I'm ever going to finish it. He actually snapped be back into reality about what was at stake, and told me he would pick up the vehicle and finish it up for me. So that's where it is now.

I'm certainly not getting any younger and I must finish this before I check out. In my case I simply had to many irons in the fire.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
Nope. Not by a long shot. That being said, every BUILD/thing I own is for sale. I'm not married and no kids so I don't care what it is. If you want to pay enough for it, I'll sell it. The second I've got the cash in my hands, THEN I'm done with it. Don't care a second beyond that. Will I ever be done modding things? Just about the day they nail my coffin shut. And I'll have a smile on my face on my way out no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread