A man and his dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Right there with you.

I layed with my Akita named Shasta for about 3-4hrs until she passed, looking into her eyes and watching her take those last thoughts and breath. I will never forget. She was 14 and had led a long life, been to the dog for hip surgery and on neds for the past 3-4 years. Got to the point where she had trouble getting up, no amount of meds could help. Was just time for her to pass on.

GTAmuscle

Established Member
This was a hard read I could barely even look at the pictures of them as pups. A lot of people don't understand how a person can love a dog or any animal so much, especially a grown man. The only time I've ever seen my father cry was when we buried my rabbit I got when I was 11 and she died when I was a sophomore in college. Sometimes it's the critters that get us the hardest because no matter what they are always so full of love.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
As a dog owner- a 3 year old dog, who truly is my best buddy- I teared up reading this.

Very sorry, Barry. No words can describe. Good luck to you and your family.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
It sucks knowing that pets leave a huge void in our hearts when they pass, it sucks even more that his sister will never have her brother again too.

Last edited:

Dragu1a

Established Member
this story breaks my heart. you gave Sebastian the best life he could have ever imagined...he was loved, had lots of room to play and run. he couldn't have asked for more.

a dog is the only creature on this earth that will love you more than it loves itself.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you gave Sebastian the best life he could have ever imagined...he was loved, had lots of room to play and run. he couldn't have asked for more.

a dog is the only creature on this earth that will love you more than it loves itself.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Hits you right in the feels.

Planter

Banned
I couldn't find the words I was looking for earlier, but I've found them now.

I tell her, "Journey, brother is sick". As if she knows she retreats to the side and lays down. This has never happened before, she gives up for him.

I'm not sure how she will take being alone and without the brother she has never been seperated from other than a few short hours.

God, that's powerful...reminds me of the part in the book, Where the Red Fern Grows, when Little Ann goes to Old Dan's grave, and lies down on top of it, missing her brother, her buddy. Billy searches all over for her, and finally finds her lying on Old Dan's grave, he picks her up and takes her home, where she refuses food and water, and slowly dies, losing the will to live.

I'm crying right now as I type this Barry, as an owner of a puppy (who frustrates me to no end like a good puppy should, haha, but also brings me plenty of smiles and laughter too) I've learned this bond, and I'm still learning it, but your post, especially this part...reminds me of that book, one of the only few books that can bring tears to my eyes, because it speaks of a bond, between humans and their best friend, the dog.

I pray Sebastian goes/went peacefully, and I pray Journey is able to carry on without her brother.

:whine: I'm bawling like a baby right now. :(

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I almost could not finish reading. I know you have been dreading this for some time. Your boy will always love you and you him. Tough decision but the best one at this time....stay strong for sebastian hes a good boy.

Last edited:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
I know this day will come for my wife and I one day and to be honest, I have no idea how we will handle it. So sorry for your loss, and I have much respect for you putting his comfort over yours.

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
These things truly suck for sure. I wish you, and your family peace and guidance through this trying situation. Although it is hard to do, and we want to hold on to them for as long as possible, the truth is...we are selfish. You are doing the right thing, and believe me...Sebastian knows it whether you believe that or not. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what that feels like.

Mine just turned 10 last week. Hope she's got a few more year left :(

ssssnake

Established Member
I'm glad you had your day with Sebastian, and I'm sorry you're having to do this Barry. My Australian Shepherd, Hunter, is 14, and I'm dreading that day. I came home one day, and he couldn't get up. I lost it. I hugged him and cried. He's my buddy. With his meds, he's up and walking again, but I know it won't be long. They come into our lives with unconditional love and weave themselves into our hearts. Please consider another pal for Journey. I know the new one won't replace Sebastian, but it'll make it easier to bear.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Damnit, you made me cry.. I understand how hard your decision was. I couldn't imagine having to make it myself. I love my boxer more than words can explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread